website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Just now, dcro said:

Well, I guess this represents the return of demonstration sports to the Olympics. Well, at least that's the best way of looking at it.

The difference is that it'll be official Olympic medals :( 

And all those other sports...damn. Karate? No thanks, we have enough combat sports and it's not even a "real" combat sport, especially that kata-thing. Skateboarding and surfing? Keep in the X-Games will you? Climbing? Now what, we'll have a combined event...is it normal in sports climbing that people are good in all three events or will we see totally new athletes?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Well, I guess this represents the return of demonstration sports to the Olympics. Well, at least that's the best way of looking at it.

So, I think that IOC making a big mistake that could put at risk the whole Olympic program . Between 20 years we could perhaps have a program that changes radically edition by edition

7 minutes ago, Agger said:

Remember that it's still up to the IOC in august :)

I'll eat my shoes (as a matter of speech) if they vote against baseball :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The difference is that it'll be official Olympic medals :( 

And all those other sports...damn. Karate? No thanks, we have enough combat sports and it's not even a "real" combat sport, especially that kata-thing. Skateboarding and surfing? Keep in the X-Games will you? Climbing? Now what, we'll have a combined event...is it normal in sports climbing that people are good in all three events or will we see totally new athletes?

well, Karate (Kumite) can be very spectacular, sometimes (Kata is just a joke)...

meanwhile in Sport Climbing the combined event doesn't even exist as a single discipline right now (even if there is a minor prize for the best combiners at the end of the World Cup season, but no one of the top 15/20 of each special discipline normally start in the others, with very few exceptions double starting in the Lead and Boulder events...and Speed is just another sport)...

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

2 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

ofc very good. In eurosport you aren´t assured to see all your athletes, because they have a great coverage but not focusing on athletes from only your country, which with your national public TV is possible. and don´t forget that majority of peoples from our countries are during the winter games mainly attracted by hockey, and Eurosport will not present so much matches than ČT or STV

Why not T20 cricket in Olympics?

Interest in enough countries:
India

Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Australia
New Zealand
South Africa
Afghanistan

UK

LOTS of Caribbean countries

There could be 12, 16, etc teams
There could be UK team comprised of mostly England players

West Indies could have independent teams (like in Caribbean Premier League e.g. St. Lucia Zouks, Barbados Tridents)
Already played at 2010 and 2014 Asian Games

Could help tap cricket into key markets i.e. US, China as there is more chance of them watching if it is in the Olympics, a bit like sports such as shooting or archery.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

18 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

India

Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Australia
New Zealand
South Africa
Afghanistan

UK

West Indies could have independent teams (like in Caribbean Premier League e.g. St. Lucia Zouks, Barbados Tridents)

Could help tap cricket into key markets i.e. US, China as there is more chance of them watching if it is in the Olympics, a bit like sports such as shooting or archery.

The problem is that Japan and Tokyo have the say on which sports can be added to the Olympic programme, as Cricket is not a popular sport in the region then it is unlikely to be added.

If the same system is used in 2024 I cannot see any of the hosts adding Cricket to the programme. If a not too distant Olympics was held in India, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand then I can see Cricket being added.

26 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

India

Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Australia
New Zealand
South Africa
Afghanistan

UK

Because its not popular