website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Test Events

Just now, heywoodu said:

Being an avid runner, I'm actually not much against athletes helping another athlete. The Brownlee case for example, I'm sure you're familiar with it, is something I have no problem with. 

Right, this is the same principle. Runner A wanted to share the achievement with Runner B from the same country. They had both helped each other to get to this point. They had equally worked hard for their result.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Right, this is the same principle. Runner A wanted to share the achievement with Runner B from the same country. They had both helped each other to get to this point. They had equally worked hard for their result.

And then didn't want anyone to win (unlike Brownlee, where one brother actually pushed the other in front of him so they'd make a visible effort to break the tie).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On the upside, there's more talk about the triathlon test event finish than there'll be about the entire Olympic triathlon.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Believe it or not, victory is the main prize of a sports competition. Therefore athletes need to give it respect. Because, after all, that is what everyone strives for.

Higher places are not the same thing. We see athletes having fun in such battles at every Olympic marathon, and it's always inspiring and fun.

#banbestmen

Just now, heywoodu said:

And then didn't want anyone to win (unlike Brownlee, where one brother actually pushed the other in front of him so they'd make a visible effort to break the tie).

No she wanted to win with someone who had helped her achieve that win. It’s whatever honestly I can agree and be in the right about it, but it won’t change the ITU’s decision in the end. It is what it is, but believe it ruins an aspect of the sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, dcro said:

Believe it or not, victory is the main prize of a sports competition. Therefore athletes need to give it respect. Because, after all, that is what everyone strives for.

Higher places are not the same thing. We see athletes having fun in such battles at every Olympic marathon, and it's always inspiring and fun.

I don’t see how the Brits were disrespecting it. Higher places are exactly the same thing. I’ll fight for 1st in a competition just as much as I’ll fight for 1000th in a competition. I give it my all, and sometimes that means sacrificing for a teammate.

Well it changed position so that’s a different case. In this case :GBR was already 1st and 2nd.

It is not 1st and 2nd it is 1st &1st. That is what they intended. May not be malicious for you but others may think so. 

FYI: I don't think malicious but I don't think it is right

Just now, heywoodu said:

On the upside, there's more talk about the triathlon test event finish than there'll be about the entire Olympic triathlon.

True, it’s one the most underrated sports. The races are generally close and quite interesting, and not that hard to follow. It just isn’t a mainstream sport unfortunately.

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

It is not 1st and 2nd it is 1st &1st. That is what they intended. May not be malicious for you but others may think so. 

FYI: I don't think malicious but I don't think it is right

For one billionth time, if people really cared about who was 1st and 2nd we could just use photo finish. Why the fuck is it there if we’re not even going to attempt to use it.

For one billionth time, if people really cared about who was 1st and 2nd we could just use photo finish. Why the fuck is it there if we’re not even going to attempt to use it.

The photo finish is there to determine the winner in case of a tight finish. It is not there for this reason.

It was right to DQ them because FYI there were other athletes who participated in the race and they also had teammates who they had worked alongside for a long period. But they raced each other because they trained to do so.