website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Test Events

Just now, dcro said:

Having fun with someone in a battle for 56th place is entirely different thing than forcing a shared victory...

I got pulled over the finish line of the Amersfoort half marathon two months ago for 776th place or something. Nothing was done against it, which might be because nobody gave a crap because it's not an important competition...at all :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’m just saying that while they broke the rule it wasn’t with malicious intent.

Stumbling onto an EPO-filled injection which then empties in your veins doesn't mean it's then ok to have EPO in your body. I should hope, at least.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Or because it was just not nearly as important of a competition as this one.

It's a big deal, since ranking points are involved. It really, truly is as simple as that.

Well in my case points for a Championships and advance to the state championship were on the line. 

You’ve all already complained about them shortening the race, and how it’s not a true Olympic distance triathlon then. You’ve kind of defeated your point about ranking points then. Also, again, use photo finish technology to separate the two if it’s that important.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Both of these athletes went for the best result for :GBR. They both obtained that result and choose to share the moment for their country. It wasn’t at the Olympics, World Championships, or other multi-sports games, so it’s not a big deal since medals aren’t involved. 

In 2012 Chinese badminton pair intentionally lost to avoid facing another Chinese pair so they can win 2 medals. I am obviously not comparing both because the Chinese incident is far far worse than this issue. But I mentioned it because you said best results for country. They also went for best results for their country so can we justify on the basis of pride of country or best for country.

Just now, heywoodu said:

I got pulled over the finish line of the Amersfoort half marathon two months ago for 776th place or something. Nothing was done against it, which might be because nobody gave a crap because it's not an important competition...at all :p 

Then you should be disqualified for not giving your best, and should feel shame as an athlete according to the points you’ve made today. That’s a pretty hypocritical point to be making. 1st-3rd matter, but nothing else does.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well in my case points for a Championships and advance to the state championship were on the line. 

You’ve all already complained about them shortening the race, and how it’s not a true Olympic distance triathlon then. You’ve kind of defeated your point about ranking points then. Also, again, use photo finish technology to separate the two if it’s that important.

tenor.gif

Just now, heywoodu said:

Stumbling onto an EPO-filled injection which then empties in your veins doesn't mean it's then ok to have EPO in your body. I should hope, at least.

It’d be hard to just stumble back into an EPO injection :p

Then you should be disqualified for not giving your best, and should feel shame as an athlete according to the points you’ve made today. That’s a pretty hypocritical point to be making. 1st-3rd matter, but nothing else does.

Being an avid runner, I'm actually not much against athletes helping another athlete. The Brownlee case for example, I'm sure you're familiar with it, is something I have no problem with. 

It’d be hard to just stumble back into an EPO injection :p

I've seen worse excuses.

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

In 2012 Chinese badminton pair intentionally lost to avoid facing another Chinese pair so they can win 2 medals. I am obviously not comparing both because the Chinese incident is far far worse than this issue. But I mentioned it because you said best results for country. They also went for best results for their country so can we justify on the basis of pride of country or best for country.

Well it changed position so that’s a different case. In this case :GBR was already 1st and 2nd.