website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Test Events

and since I'm crazy and these days I'm enjoying a Japanese IPTV with a 95 channels lineup to watch the finals of their Baseball league, this morning I've also noticed that NHK is broadcasting many events, included the Slalom Canoeing's...

@hckosice

tbh, it's a quite disappointing environment...it's just a straight concrete channel with plastic barriers on the side and a zig-zag course...it reminds me a lot the Prague channel, by far the least attractive in the regular Slalom Canoeing circuit...:cry::facepalm:

I already miss La Seu d'Urgell (not to mention the Natural River courses like the Noce River's or Bourg St.Maurice) so much...:nopompom:

unfortunately, I just can't find any picture of today's races (and I can't take the Japanese Tv stream), but at least I found this video taken a couple of days ago during the training session before the test event heats started...

Just now, dcro said:

To be fair, Olympic slalom courses have been build to look like roller coasters for a while now. Athens, Beijing, London and Rio were no different. :p

well, they all had some different features and a not 100% straight design whch made them more "tv-friendly"...

this one is really like the Prague's unwatchable channel...basically, there's also no room for course setters to build varied and interesting routes without getting "dirty tricky", which will make the competitions less enjoyable and exciting...

looking at the test event results (at least the heats), on a course like that, physically strong paddlers have quite the edge over the most technical ones...

Rio 2016 track 2.0 :p but we all knew that since they presented the project.

Anyway, Slafkovský in M C1 and Mintálová in W K1 finished today both in 4. places Beňuš in C1 was 5th.

19102019203839_sni%CC%81mka%20obrazovky%

However An interesting construction element appeared. The current flowing into the target pool is diverted and used for the training track. This created a special 90m track for training or warm up of the paddlers before their start.

Thus they saved quite interesting part of the budget on the construction of the training channel.

73105395_3156058824467008_80948354581790

Next weekend are scheduled 2nd races with different track construction