website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Test Events

Open Water Swimming Test Event

before it was held...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1083283/tokyo-2020-hold-open-water-swimming

and after it happened...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1083337/heat-water-concerns-tokyo-swimming-test

once again, environmental conditions will be so uncomfortable that we're going to face another change in the schedule...another race very early in the morning (as early as 5 a.m. :yikes::facepalm:)...

and here something more about that event...

as you can read in the article, no results were recorded...but the truth is that didn't do that on purpose...the problem was that the official timekeeping system got broken and the win was given to the Australian Kei Edwards, who instead actually ended up well behind Gregorio Paltrinieri, who dominated the race...meanwhile Jordan Wilimovsky was lapped and forced to stop halfway through the race and the reigning Olympic Champion Ferry Weertman ended up dead last...

finally, listening to the comments made by the Italian delegation, the unhealthy water conditions are really an issue...the current situation is worse than Rio's 1 year before the Games (but as the Games are to be held in the always hyper-efficient Japan, nobody's raising his voice over this worrying situation like they did before the Brazilian Games :whistle::facepalm:)...

Edited by phelps

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Not many pictures of eventing test event so far... But what is that ugly construction in the background?

image.png

And here again.

image.png

Seriously, Tokyo 2020 venues seem to be a major letdown across the board. :facepalm:

probably is the structure of the temporary stands for the Games...:mumble:

however, I agree with you...so far, all the outdoor venues of the 2020 Games are really a huge disappointment (even if I'm sure in 12 months they will look a lot different from now)...

Edited by phelps

Just now, dcro said:

Andrew Hoy took over the lead after cross-country.

Andrew+Hoy.jpg

Full report

p.s. Next year the obstacles will not be so boring. :evil:

I’d hope so :d. I’ll try to get some very nice photos for you.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela