website statistics

Ski Jumping 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I didn’t realize how many hills we actually have in the US. I was doing research on US sports, and was very surprised to see how many hills (at least training ones) and jumpers we have. It seems like there’s some good structure in place too, so I guess ski jumping isn’t as outlandish in the US as I thought :dunno:

Well, no. The US has been a more or less stable participant in the World Cup team competitions for a long time, generally fighting to make it into the eight team final.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

This is how I’m choosing to ring in the new year. I present the world’s finest ski jumping pairs:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

7th place, I told you not to give up on Kasai!!

http://medias2.fis-ski.com/pdf/2020/JP/3246/2020JP3246RL.pdf

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Third place for Kevin Bickner in the COC in Val di Fiemme, first American podium since he did so in Kranj in July 2017.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The cancelled FIS ski flying world championship will take place in Planica in early december. However, the standard World Cup event in Planica will also take place, meaning that the athletes will have to visit this hill on two separate ocassions next season.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

10 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

The cancelled FIS ski flying world championship will take place in Planica in early december. However, the standard World Cup event in Planica will also take place, meaning that the athletes will have to visit this hill on two separate ocassions next season.

'will have to'? You mean 'get to' :cheer: