website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks, and do you have a link or something I can mention as source on a Dutch website? :d  (it's fine if it's in Chinese or Korean or whatnot)

Chinese media all quote and translate from Korean media, so I give u the original Korean source, a Korean main stream media Chosun Ilbo.

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/03/26/2020032603899.html

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Prison for a bad joke, jesus. One year imprisonment after two years' probation, how much time will he actually serve? One year or a year minus the time already spent or something?

well, I think he's still lucky...had he done something like that to me, right now he would be "desaparecido" (after having suffered so much pain to ask by himself to be dissolved in acid)...:evil: :bones:

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, I think he's still lucky...had he done something like that to me, right now he would be "desaparecido" (after having suffered so much pain to ask by himself to be dissolved in acid)...:evil: :bones:

Tough words :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Tough words :p 

having been a victim myself of bullism when I was 12/13 (but they chosed the wrong victim, I can tell you), I'm more than harsh towards those idiots...they don't deserve any respect, any comprehension and, above all, no mercy...:evil:

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Prison for a bad joke, jesus. One year imprisonment after two years' probation, how much time will he actually serve? One year or a year minus the time already spent or something?

There’s a difference between a “bad joke” and sexual harassment. If was a minor, I think he would have been let off the hook, but you just can’t do stupid shit like that as an adult.

We all know much I love humor and joking, but I would never something like this because they’re is a line between what’s a appropriate, and what’s not.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s a difference between a “bad joke” and sexual harassment. If was a minor, I think he would have been let off the hook, but you just can’t do stupid shit like that as an adult.

We all know much I love humor and joking, but I would never something like this because they’re is a line between what’s a appropriate, and what’s not.

We entirely agree it's not appropriate, obviously. As the article says, Lim's own lawyer says if that happens he should have either pulled it right back up and at the very least apologized. The bigger issue is that he harrassed the guy afterwards, verbally.

I think a temporary ban is deserved, a year in prison is just too much. But we can all argue all we want, we won't agree on it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

We entirely agree it's not appropriate, obviously. As the article says, Lim's own lawyer says if that happens he should have either pulled it right back up and at the very least apologized. The bigger issue is that he harrassed the guy afterwards, verbally.

I think a temporary ban is deserved, a year in prison is just too much. But we can all argue all we want, we won't agree on it :p 

The problem is that this just isn’t a sports issue. He committed a real crime. There’s consequences for a committing a crime. 

The team had to punish him with a one year ban to make an example of him, and the the government had to do the same.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This thing is very tricky with a lot of stories behind. It's hard for me to explain the whole background of Korean society and current atmosphere towards sexual harassment in English. But one thing is easy to say. That is the competition in the Korean team is very tense. So Chinese fans think the victim Hwang Dae Heon intentionally made this issue big and not forgave Lim so Lim would lose his position and chance. Otherwise no one would know what happened in a NT training session. But to be clear, Hwang is very unpopular in China but Lim is relatively better, so people would think it that way. 

12 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

People get suspended sentence for manslaughter so a year in prison for taking down someone's pants is downright bullshit :dunno:

Well, most manslaughter sentences are much more than one year for starters. Plus you make a pretty vague claim here since there’s more than one type of manslaughter crime.