website statistics

Nordic Combined 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

hckošice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a not all too bad 16-year old British girl in the Alpen Cup :) Thought it'd be interesting enough to mention, don't see British combiners too often.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/athlete-biography.html?sectorcode=nk&competitorid=235888&type=result

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There's a not all too bad 16-year old British girl in the Alpen Cup :) Thought it'd be interesting enough to mention, don't see British combiners too often.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/athlete-biography.html?sectorcode=nk&competitorid=235888&type=result

We do have a few teenage ski jumpers now, some doing well at age group level.

Apparently for whatever reason in the mixed team event they use the average point of the jumpers of a team as their score? 

http://medias2.fis-ski.com/pdf/2020/NK/4101/2020NK4101RL.pdf

Why not just total points? I know the results would be the same then (if you adjust the time differences accordingly), but it'd be much easier to follow.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and the jumping can be seen here:

Nice to finally actually see the women (well, girls mostly) instead of just reading their results. I do find it worrying that apart from Geraghty-Moats everyone competed in this competition, but still most of the girls are young teenagers who have major problems to get a decent jump in...that's specifically worrying if women's Nordic combined is supposed to be Olympic in only 2,5 years time.

At 18.50 CET the cross-country/rollerskiing starts, live here:

57 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

It's not, the programme for 2022 is known since last year...maybe in 2026.

Oh great, I thought there was still discussion going on about it :cheer: 

That's wonderful news (well, not 'news', but for me then :p) for women's Nordic combined. Very interested to see it grow.

Edited by heywoodu

God I hate those annoying Czech names, they're so generic :mad:

Spoiler

oBTOpab.jpg