website statistics

Luge 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

Col_Frost

43 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

Wow, now someone non-German could win the title!

Odkryj ukrytą treść

The last time the toboggan won was non-German Gerda Weissensteiner in the 1997/98 season. But I also hope that this season in women's singles will be groundbreaking and new forces will come to the fore.

2 minutes ago, TomJa said:

Taubitz for me is not an equally riding player, so if he wins it is not clear, like Geisenberger in the best years.

She's sort of in the position Geisenberger had when she was still the second-ranked German behind Hüfner, Taubitz seems like the perfect bet to dominate the winter. I'm hoping Eitberger can challenge her and possibly win though, and who knows, if they take each other's points away in Europe, maybe Summer Britcher can do something with a good run in North America.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

That'll be hard as she is also pregnant ;)

Missed that :yikes:

Doesn't sound like it was planned :d 

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, time to find a bookmaker with luge season bets. I'd like this on Taubitz please.

esurance.gif

Taubitz does not drive evenly, but maybe Papa Loch worked with her before the season and will be mentally stronger. I quietly hope that someone from the Britcher, Ivanov, Vötter rate will mix up. In particular, an American who mixes up on tracks on the American continent.

Are these bookmakers where you can bet sleds? Probably only in Germany, because in Poland, even during the Games, there was no such opportunity.

29 minutes ago, TomJa said:

Taubitz does not drive evenly, but maybe Papa Loch worked with her before the season and will be mentally stronger. I quietly hope that someone from the Britcher, Ivanov, Vötter rate will mix up. In particular, an American who mixes up on tracks on the American continent.

Are these bookmakers where you can bet sleds? Probably only in Germany, because in Poland, even during the Games, there was no such opportunity.

Nah, betting on luge (and bobsleigh/skeleton) is usually only possible during the Olympics at the international bookmakers and even then only on a few of them. During World Cup seasons I've only ever seen it at Russian Marathonbet. Taubitz might not drive as perfectly as Geisenberger, she'll be the top German athlete which is always an advantage and she's still just better than most others.

44 minutes ago, TomJa said:

Yeah I wouldn’t count Ivanov out, but she can be inconsistent. The same goes for Britcher. Americans love throwing away perfect opportunities in ice sports. I’ll always be happy that Mazder won silver, but deep down I always struggle with the fact he should’ve had gold. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela