website statistics

Freestyle Skiing 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

NearPup

• 2 months later...

Apparently the FIS is developing a mixed dual mogul event with an eye on including such event in the Olympics. That would actually be a pretty cool way to (finally) include dual moguls in the Olympics.

Edited by NearPup

Just now, NearPup said:

Apparently the FIS is developing a mixed dual mogul event with an eye on including such event in the Olympics. That would actually be a pretty cool way to (finally) include dual moguls in the Olympics.

Yep just do it the same way as the Mixed Team Parallel.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yep just do it the same way as the Mixed Team Parallel.

Ya, if they straight up copied the format of the mixed alpine team event it would be a very good event.

I’ve always been of the opinion that the duals format would work very well in a team event.

Edited by NearPup

6 hours ago, NearPup said:

Ya, if they straight up copied the format of the mixed alpine team event it would be a very good event.

I’ve always been of the opinion that the duals format would work very well in a team event.

A team event seems the only way for the dual moguls to have any sort of added value. So, yes.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

If Henry Sildaru doesn’t become a World Cup finalist by 2026. I will eat my socks. You may quote me on that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

If Henry Sildaru doesn’t become a World Cup finalist by 2026. I will eat my socks. You may quote me on that.

Oh boy.

Teenage skiing sensation Henry Sildaru suffers torn ACL

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!