Estonia

Great Britain

Latvia

Korea

Romania

Greece

China

Switzerland

Finally results from the Oceanic Cup and Australian Championships.

Super sprint results are here - Jill missed only one shot.

Short individual results are here - Cameron Morton won for he Open men with Colebourn as the women's champ.

Sprint results are here - Same results as the Short Individual, but different distances

8 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Finally results from the Oceanic Cup and Australian Championships.

Super sprint results are here - Jill missed only one shot.

Short individual results are here - Cameron Morton won for he Open men with Colebourn as the women's champ.

Sprint results are here - Same results as the Short Individual, but different distances

Jill should make her World Cup debut next season, so it's good to see her shooting is improving more and more :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I saw this, but decided not to post it.  I wonder how they will perform on the larger stage.  Lowell Bailey and Tim Burke, if given enough time will help out a lot.

I saw something today about the overall decline of youth in the US involved in HS sports.  On a document found here, there are only 9,959 doing Nordic Skiing in HS.  Now I know the level in HS is suspect, and the the more elite skiers often skip HS and do club only, but to understand that puts it on par with Dance.  More info on page 10, it gives a breakdown on HS and participants by state.

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

I saw this, but decided not to post it.  I wonder how they will perform on the larger stage.  Lowell Bailey and Tim Burke, if given enough time will help out a lot.

I saw something today about the overall decline of youth in the US involved in HS sports.  On a document found here, there are only 9,959 doing Nordic Skiing in HS.  Now I know the level in HS is suspect, and the the more elite skiers often skip HS and do club only, but to understand that puts it on par with Dance.  More info on page 10, it gives a breakdown on HS and participants by state.

Well I live in a place that hasn’t see snow (at least in a measurable amount) since 2012 and 2008. Mammoth is 4 hours away and they do have good trails and programs, but they’re just no accessible for the larger population of SoCal. I also think there’s a lot of reasons for decrease participation in youth sports in the US. There’s a reason Norway and to a certain degree China have the best youth sports programs in the world. I’m not going to lecture about it on this post though. I love Nordic Skiing, even more than Alpine, which I’ve tried a few times. The nature of the sport just makes it so expensive (especially since we’re taking about the US). 

I don’t hope so much that these athletes perform well, of course I’d love for them to medal, and will cheer for them should there be a live stream, but I hope more that they’ll have a good experience and use the games to propel themselves onto the international scene and see and learn things that make them better athletes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Men's Mass Start for the Martin Fourcade Nordic Festival 

Women's Mass Start for the Martin Fourcade Nordic Festival

Very nice write-up at the IBU website.  Anncey is a very pretty place if you have never been there.  Worth the trip.

Also, Russia will not be reinstated as a full member of the International Biathlon Union (IBU) at the organisation's Extraordinary Congress next month.