website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

Two procedural changes with the IBU.  They have finally joined the CAS anti-doping division.  I did not know that they had not done so.  Also, Para Biathlon will either need to join IBU or create their own organization.

Do not forget to do the IBU Fan Survey.

Totallympics is no option.

Bj5wcpC.png

Rather annoying that 'Other' is not an option, since none of these are correct for me.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

gfmDtiy.png

This makes it sound like live streams are the only option. I basically never watch biathlon live streams except for junior worlds or something, because I always watch it on TV..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Vojthas said:

Totallympics might be the answer for the question 19 (forgot to take a screenshot).

Yep, saw it and answered that :)

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

gfmDtiy.png

This makes it sound like live streams are the only option. I basically never watch biathlon live streams except for junior worlds or something, because I always watch it on TV..

TV doesn't mean ESP player connected to TV. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

TV doesn't mean ESP player connected to TV. :p

I know, but why on earth would I connect ESP player to my TV when I can watch the exact same thing - without the 30 second or so delay you have with internet streams - on the actual Eurosport TV channel? :lol:

Apart from the fact I usually divide my biathlon watching 50/50 or so between Eurosport and German TV :p 

4 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Two procedural changes with the IBU.  They have finally joined the CAS anti-doping division.  I did not know that they had not done so.  Also, Para Biathlon will either need to join IBU or create their own organization.

Do not forget to do the IBU Fan Survey.

Yes, the IPC has said that all sports have to be governed by real federations. The IPC will no longer have their own federations for sports after 2020.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Interesting article about the composition and problems of the Russian biathlon team.  

According to the article, Olga Podchufarovia did not receive any opposition from the Russian team as she moved to Slovenia. 

Also Ekaterina Avvakumova intended to move to Serbia. However, in the coming season, the Russian woman will not be able to make her debut under the flag of a new country. This decision was made by the IBU.

“The IBU Secretary General informed us that Avvakumova will not play for Serbia this season. IBU explained its decision by saying that the biathlete did not demonstrate a genuine, close and reliable connection with our country, ”TASS quoted Velimir Vukadin, President of the Biathlon Union of Serbia, as saying.

And Maigurov explained that, according to the new IBU rules, Avvakumova has no chance at all to play for Serbia, since now a biathlete can only change sports citizenship once in a career.

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

the biathlete did not demonstrate a genuine, close and reliable connection with our country,

Now I'm curious what Podchufarova's genuine, close and reliable connection with Slovenia is. A partner?