website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

Stina Nilsson is now part of the national team in Sweden. She is shooting 1200 shots per week, of course she needed to practice more than her experienced opponents and is according to her coach shooting around 80% in practice with high pulse. 

43 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Stina Nilsson is now part of the national team in Sweden. She is shooting 1200 shots per week, of course she needed to practice more than her experienced opponents and is according to her coach shooting around 80% in practice with high pulse. 

1200 shots per week, holy moses. It must be so awesome to compete in/for a country where that's just...you know, possible.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

1200 shots per week, holy moses. It must be so awesome to compete in/for a country where that's just...you know, possible.

At least she will do whatever she can to maybe succeed in shooting. :dYes I guess practice possibilities are a bit less regulated in Sweden than most other nations at the moment:mumble:. For myself, Until thursday I have been able to practice curling at my club everyday (almost) as usual

Edited by Swewi

18 minutes ago, Swewi said:

At least she will do whatever she can to maybe succeed in shooting. :dYes I guess practice possibilities are a bit less regulated in Sweden than most other nations at the moment:mumble:. For myself, Until thursday I have been able to practice curling at my club everyday (almost) as usual

Well, since one shooting training in one year with a laser rifle for a half hour is already too much to ask for in Brazil, everything else is a win :d I hope Nilsson can improve enough to really show what she can do, I am - if nothing else - very curious!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 horas atrás, Swewi disse:

That's more than what I used to shoot per season! ??

*I was keeping a track of that and the total for trainings + zeroings + races per season, was under 1.000 ? 

5 hours ago, brunamoura said:

That's more than what I used to shoot per season! ??

*I was keeping a track of that and the total for trainings + zeroings + races per season, was under 1.000 ? 

That really puts it into perspective.  Looks like there are a few someones in Sweden who really want her to succeed.  How long would 1200 shots take?

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

That really puts it into perspective.  Looks like there are a few someones in Sweden who really want her to succeed.  How long would 1200 shots take?

Five minutes, roughly, if you're Johannes Thingnes Bø or Wierer :p 

2 horas atrás, RobtheAggie disse:

If she is training 6 days a week (which most of the athletes do), then it means an average of 200 shots a day, meaning she stops at the shooting range about 40x per training ? (or possibly she is training twice a day, which is more likely, and that give us an average of 2x 20x per day)

My God, that's really, reeeeally a lot! My former Biathlon coach used to let us shoot an average of 8x per training (within ≤1h30min), only once a day. She does in one single training what I was allowed to do in 5! That sounds like a dream! ?

If she doesn't blow up (shooting is fun, but can make your mind very tired as well), no doubt she will bring biathlon to a next, very interesting, level.

Edited by brunamoura