website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

• 2 weeks later...

Some sad news, the Minnesota National Guard had a helicopter crash this past week.  One of those that died, Sgt. Kort Miller Plantenberg, was a member of the Minnesota NG Biathlon team.  Condolences to all of those who died and their friends and family. 

NORAM #2 is this weekend in West Yellowstone, MT.  

14 Dec - Sprint

15 Dec - Pursuit

Also the Alpencup had their first events this past weekend.

7 Dec - Sprint

Men - Top 7 places were all German athletes.  Also a mix of Ukraine, Austria, Swiss, Belarus and Korean.  Roman Rees was scheduled to race but did not.  Justus Strelow (1996) went 0-1 to win with a time of 24:27.8, 5.2 seconds better than Dominic Schmuck (1996) who went 1-1.  

Junior Men - Won by Niklas Hartweg of Switzerland (2000) with a 0-0, 24:46.  There were 77 in the Junior race.  

Women - A little more diverse crowd at the top, but Stefanie Scherer of Germany (1996) won the race with a 0-1 22:16.8 43.2 seconds faster than Flurina Volken of Switzerland.  There was a Mongolian athlete in the race.  

Junior Women - Won by Amy Baserga (2000) of Switzerland with a 0-0 22:43.8.  She was 45.1 seconds ahead of Anastasia Raskazova of the Ukraine.  

8 Dec - Super Individual - looked like a Super Sprint

Men - Justin Strelow and Dominic Schmuck took the top two places with a 19:44 and 20:11.  Both missed one shot total.  The US was in the races and Paul Schommer was third with Max Durtschi 4th.  Both missed 2 shots.

Junior Men - Niklas Hartweg won again by 14.7 second over Max Barchewitz of Germany.  Both missed two shots.    

Women - Stefanie Scherer won again with a 30.7 lead over countrywoman Sophia Schneider of Germany.  Scherer had a 16:34 over the 5k course with 20 shots, she only missed 2.  

Junior Women - Juilane Fruhwirt of Germany who had two misses and had a time of 16:45.  She was 34 seconds ahead of Franziska Pfneur also of Germany.

Looks like the next events are this weekend in Val Didentro in Italy.  Two Sprints.  

looking for an idea for a christmas gift :d a unique collection of children's clothing with the motive of the future biathlete. It´s written " when I grow up I will be a biathlete "

https://www.cycling-info.sk/shop/108-buduci-biatlonistatka

Spoiler

detske_oblecenie_motiv_biatlon.jpg

overal-buduci-biatlonista.jpg

@heywoodu @brunamoura obviously I had to mention you :whistle:

Oh I want one :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh I want one :d 

haha cool :d

just to clarify, when you´ll order one, look at the ending of the word Biathlete. so in this case Biatlonista / Biatlonistka

Biatlonista is for boys

Biatlonistka is for girls

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

haha cool :d

just to clarify, when you´ll order one, look at the ending of the word Biathlete. so in this case Biatlonista / Biatlonistka

Biatlonista is for boys

Biatlonistka is for girls

Meh :p

ijk2syP.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!