website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I should have some photos from around there from when my girlfriend was running around the course sending photos of the biathletes in action while I was watching the live stream (she competed in the cross-country instead of the biathlon there). Don't specifically remember bushes and trees, but I do remember it was this beautiful open snowy plains.

Yeah, it might be my favorite venue outside the major World Cup ones. I’m kind of sad they didn’t get the 2022 Winter Olympics (especially since Kazakh sport is doing well right now)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, it might be my favorite venue outside the major World Cup ones. I’m kind of sad they didn’t get the 2022 Winter Olympics (especially since Kazakh sport is doing well right now)

I still don't know if I'm sad about it or not, it depends entirely on the legendary Medeo speed skating rink. If they put a roof on it I'm happy they didn't get it (and this seems the likely option), if they leave it as it is, I'd be happy if they get it :p 

Medeo = epic

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I still don't know if I'm sad about it or not, it depends entirely on the legendary Medeo speed skating rink. If they put a roof on it I'm happy they didn't get it (and this seems the likely option), if they leave it as it is, I'd be happy if they get it :p 

Medeo = epic

Yeah Medeo was a cool venue too. They’d have to put a roof on it because it snows to much. The Almaty ski jumping center is very nice as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah Medeo was a cool venue too. They’d have to put a roof on it because it snows to much. The Almaty ski jumping center is very nice as well.

There's no too much in speed skating :wub:

I know, not fair and everything, but this was epic. Just, epic.

Spoiler

But fine, we're digressing, this is about biathlon :p I'm kind of annoyed at there not being full results from Australia yet, come on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There's no too much in speed skating :wub:

I know, not fair and everything, but this was epic. Just, epic.

Hide contents

But fine, we're digressing, this is about biathlon :p I'm kind of annoyed at there not being full results from Australia yet, come on.

A rare cuddlemeheywoodu production :p

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

As another aside - watch two Koala fight.

And now back to biathlon.

One last aside - watch a koala become :AUS best canoe athlete

Now seriously, Biathlon talk

Edited by Olympian1010

4 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

I loved how polite she was when she got up, no rush to cut off the others.

Don't expect anything else from her, she is in fact a very kind person. I ain't cheering for her for no reason :p