website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

41 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Should we try and bet Totallympics as an official IBU fan club?

Excellent idea :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some results from the 1st day of Biathlon at the Blink

Women's elite mass start here - pretty impressive group of athletes.

1 ÖBERG Hanna 2+1+0+0 3 13:09.3 0.0

2 BRORSSON Mona 1+0+0+1 2 13:16.7 +7.4

3 RØISELAND Marte 1+2+1+0 4 13:17.0 +7.7 \

4 ECKHOFF Tiril  2+0+2+0 4 13:17.4 +8.1

5 VITTOZZI Lisa 4+2+0+0 6 13:17.6 +8.3

Men's elite mass start here - once again, a nice list of athletes, and Boe wins again.

1 BØ Johannes Thingnes 1+0+0+1 2 17:11.4 0.0

2 FOURCADE Martin 1+2+0+0 3 17:12.8 +1.4

3 JAQUELIN Emilien 1+0+1+1 3 17:17.0 +5.6

4 DESTHIEUX Simon 1+2+2+0 5 17:22.9 +11.5

5 BAKKEN Sivert Guttorm IL 0+1+2+0 3 17:29.3 +17.9

Looks like it would have been a really close finish!

A few other results to peruse.

Here are the results from what they call the "Shooting Duels"

Women here - won by Dorothy Wierer

Men here - won by Tarjei Boe who barely defeated Fourcade!

Women's Qualification for the Mass Start

Men's Qualification for the Mass Start

Supersprint tomorrow.

I don't want to search yet because spoilers, but do you know if it's possible to see yesterday's stuff for example on YouTube? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

Now it's time to select 10+ members and prove fan club activity. :d

I have some IBU Cup bib numbers ('some' meaning 'a lot'), quite a few accreditations of a certain athlete and one with my own name and photo on it, would that count? :d We only need 7 more members then :p 

4 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

heywoodu should print a Totallympics logo on a giant flag and bring it with him at competitions.

Someone give me a flag and then, sure :d 

Or a shitload of stickers and I'll stick 'em everywhere, from the general areas to the Family Club (where the athletes and coaches eat, hello athletes on Totallympics :d )

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I don't want to search yet because spoilers, but do you know if it's possible to see yesterday's stuff for example on YouTube? 

I searched Biathlon Blink 2019 on Youtube and go the Men's and Women's Mass Starts as well as the Shooting Duels.  Nothing from today's events yet.  

My 13 year old could join the Fan Club as well.  That makes us about 5 people short.