website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

• 2 weeks later...

With the southern hemisphere season and the summer biathlon season coming up, I'd say it's time to start using this thread instead of the (excellent) off-season thread? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Egyptian flag at Mt Hotham for the Victorian Biathlon Championships :d :yikes: @thepharoah

And the for now only video, where we see Jill Colebourn (unless I am incredibly mistaken) getting ready to shoot.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Egyptian flag at Mt Hotham for the Victorian Biathlon Championships :d :yikes: @thepharoah

And the for now only video, where we see Jill Colebourn (unless I am incredibly mistaken) getting ready to shoot.

This's really awesome news thanks very much, do u have a link for results? 

35 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

This's really awesome news thanks very much, do u have a link for results? 

Nope, sorry (I'd keep an eye on AUS Biathlon's Facebook page). I can ask around for more info on the Egyptian, if I can't find it now I'll try when I see the Australian team in the winter season :p 

A few interesting tidbits out of Russia.

Loginov has not signed a contract with the Russia Federation yet.  It appears that he wants more than they will pay him.  Now I can not see him missing the season, and it will get done, but it will be interesting to see how this ends up.

One of the first Rollerski races has been held in Barnaul, Russia.  A write-up is here.

Edited by RobtheAggie

I found a list of semi-IBU sanctioned rollerski events:

31 July-3 Aug - Sandnes, Norway - Blink Skifestivalen  The Rollerski Biathlon races are on 2 and 3 Aug.

11 Aug - Wiesbaden, Germany 

31 Aug - 1 Sept - Annecy, France - Martin Fourcade Nordic Festival

New Zealand Biathlon team getting some work in, while the snow is coming down in their home country.  Pictures like this make me jealous.  It will be about high 90s F/ High 30s C for me today!  Also good to see the NZ team working towards the Oceanic Championships.  

I have not been able to find any results from the Victorian Biathlon Championships.  Just that their program was a Short Individual as well as a Sprint.