website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Even Mourao? :yikes:

Oh, right. My bad.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Those were terrible conditions, damn. Third placed finisher collapsed after the finish due to the heat and fatigue, it took at least 20 minutes and some help from other athletes and later even the ambulance personnel before she slowly managed to get back on her feet. Luckily she's ok now, but that was a bit of a scare. 

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=34247

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The start yesterday :p

Awesome, today I got to present the gold medal to the winner in the women's FIS sprint :yikes::d

@Jesús dominated the men's race in a pretty impressive showing.

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Awesome, today I got to present the gold medal to the winner in the women's FIS sprint :yikes::d

@Jesús dominated the men's race in a pretty impressive showing.

Did they let you wear a fancy dress? :p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Did they let you wear a fancy dress? :p

My fancy tshirt, shorts and running shoes :p

@Jesús completely destroyed today's competition, wow. After two of three laps everyone was passing by while looking dead, and he still seemed to have a huge amount of power with every move. Damn, that was impressive.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&competitorid=184663&raceid=34255

As for the women's race, it was almost equal between Bruna and Ceci Dominguez in the first lap, but Bruna visibly lost power early in the second lap (the lap started with a long straight with full on headwind, then a short uphill) and finished 20 seconds behind. Fun fact: with 13:41.1 minutes she had exactly the same time as she did when she won in July :d

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=34254

Just now, heywoodu said:

@Jesús completely destroyed today's competition, wow. After two of three laps everyone was passing by while looking dead, and he still seemed to have a huge amount of power with every move. Damn, that was impressive.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&competitorid=184663&raceid=34255

You should try to get him back on Totallympics. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

You should try to get him back on Totallympics. :p

I'll try when I see him tomorrow :p

I'm sure he'll have time to think about it during the pursuit, considering he's almost finished by the time the first chaser starts :d

Edited by heywoodu

Details later, but what a race :hyper: