website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 20 European Championships 2019

Totallympics

I wonder if there will be any events where the winning marks will be better than at the U23 european championships ...? Sadly some big names (Ingebrigtsen, Burgin) are missing, but there are still more than enough very promising talents left (Kokhan, Lillefosse, Vicente, Seedo, Nacheva, Van Klinken, Miller, Sclabas, Mahuchikh, Tzenggo, Healy, Hunt, Scotti, Van de Velde, Bol, Carmoy, Iapichino, Johansson, Sotero, Ivanenko, Sorgeloos).

I think out of the smaller nations Switzerland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Greece, Spain, Belgium and Belarus should do really great.

Interesting note: In the men's discus throw there will be twins from the Czech Republic competing who could both win a medal. Also Belgium and Belarus seem to have tons of medal contenders across many disciplines, those nations seem to do a great work at junior level.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I reckon a good number.

Particularly interested in Mahuchikh's performance, she quit after her 2m jump in Stanford and pulled out of Lausanne and Monaco though she was in the anticipated entries. Hope it's nothing important since I'm really looking forward to seeing her battle it out in Doha.

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wonder if there will be any events where the winning marks will be better than at the U23 european championships ...? Sadly some big names (Ingebrigtsen, Burgin) are missing, but there are still more than enough very promising talents left (Kokhan, Lillefosse, Vicente, Seedo, Nacheva, Van Klinken, Miller, Sclabas, Mahuchikh, Tzenggo, Healy, Hunt, Scotti, Van de Velde, Bol, Carmoy, Iapichino, Johansson, Sotero, Ivanenko, Sorgeloos).

I think out of the smaller nations Switzerland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Greece, Spain, Belgium and Belarus should do really great.

Interesting note: In the men's discus throw there will be twins from the Czech Republic competing who could both win a medal. Also Belgium and Belarus seem to have tons of medal contenders across many disciplines, those nations seem to do a great work at junior level.

Thanks for the list! This helps a lot.

I've been really impressed with Belgium's talent development in general. Looks like their investments in the early 2000s paid off well.

11.37 for Seedo in women's 100 m prelims. If nothing completely crazy happens, she will win U20 gold at the age of 16 ...

I think the european U18 record is 11.24, she could very well break that record here with one more year of eligibility left!

For the top 10 on the all-time U18 list she would need 11.20.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Oooph, this seems like it's going to be a disaster for Lithuania.

Starting off with three of our good athletes injured, followed by one of the favourites Juškevičiūtė with a disaster in the Heptahlon hurdles followed by NM in high jump.

Last place and under 12 metres for our triple jumper.

Last place in women's discus throw in about 50 minutes.

And bottom places for our shot putters fairly soon.

Only Alekna, Andriukaitytė and Galvydytė can save this championship now and the girls both are having an off-season :(

1 minute ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Alekna = Son of Virgilius?

Yes, Martynas Alekna is participating in U20 and his younger brother Mykolas is going to start in the Olympic Youth Festival.

They also have a younger sister already in athletics as well.