website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Under 21 World Championship 2019

Totallympics

POOL A: :BRN:CHN:MAR:PUR
POOL B: :ARG:CUB:EGY:KOR
POOL C: :CZE:IRI:RUS:TUN

POOL D: :BRA:CAN:ITA:POL

FORMAT:

The competition will feature 16 teams and will run over eight days with two rest days.

The 16 teams will be divided into four pools of four teams each and will play a round-robin tournament. The top two teams from each pool will then be split into two further pools of four (Pools E and F), with the bottom two teams from the first round also divided into two pools of four (Pools G and H).

The top two teams from Pools E and F will qualify for the semifinals and finals, with the bottom two facing off in a playoff to be classified from fifth to eighth. The winners from Pools G and H will have a playoff for the ninth to 12th classification with the bottom two teams from the same pool moving onto a playoff for 13th to 16th.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

I'm really curious about the treatement of :IRI players, as I read on Wikipedia that Iranian Sunni Muslims, as well as the majority of Bahraini citizens (which are Shia) are forbidden to enter the city that the games take place :sick: Apparently Riffa is designed to be a refugee point for the ruling dictatorship , and only accesible to the "clean" Sunni Arab muslims :sick:

This is disgusting, I can't believe FIVB allowed them to host anything... then again, it's Bahrain we're talking about, so probably some serious $$$ were handed to FIVB in exchange.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

11 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

I'm really curious about the treatement of :IRI players, as I read on Wikipedia that Iranian Sunni Muslims, as well as the majority of Bahraini citizens (which are Shia) are forbidden to enter the city that the games take place :sick: Apparently Riffa is designed to be a refugee point for the ruling dictatorship , and only accesible to the "clean" Sunni Arab muslims :sick:

This is disgusting, I can't believe FIVB allowed them to host anything... then again, it's Bahrain we're talking about, so probably some serious $$$ were handed to FIVB in exchange.

I never heard about this , Bahrain's main football stadium is also in Riffa and our players never had such problems. if there was mistreatment we would hear about this. and this is the 3rd time in 2 years for this group of players to play in Bahrain. Bahrain also hosted 2017 Worlds U19 and 2018 Asian U20 !! they never had problems (and actually won both tournaments)

Bahrain was a state of Iran not long time ago, the majority of people there are kind to Iranians (actually most people there have Iranian heritage) but they make it hostile situation sometimes. mostly for football matches (and again we got Bahrain for FIFA WCQ in yesterday draw)