website statistics

Sports Fails Thread

16 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Does happen in cycling about once a season.  The other classic error - which can only happen in small races where there is no radio - is some guy goes off on a long solo breakaway, wins the stage.  Then the sprinters in the peleton do not know he has gone, race it out for second place, think they’ve won, celebrate....

Only in the small race? I remember this in the Giro d'Italia few seasons ago...

I think this belongs in this thread. I don’t know how responsible the crew is for this though. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back in Seoul 1988, we had a good pair in canoe sprint K2.  Philippe Boccara et Pascal Boucherit were actually world champions in 1987 and from my understanding favorite to win the gold medal in South Korea.

All good and well, except they didn't make the semi-finals, they ... felt asleep before the start of the race and came too late...

Fun fact, France still has to win a gold medal in canoe sprint 32 years later

Edited by De_Gambassi

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI22Px-SvE4  the dramactic 1996 modern penthatlon olympic finish 12 years after a swede lost out on olympic gold in  the same event because he tripped up on a potted plant 100 metres from the finish 4;52 for the second video for the trip i don t know how i put the second video in lol.     

Edited by penthatlonfan

• 1 month later...

That one time Austrian Volleyball team went to Ukraine to play a friendly match and were greeted with German anthem and Latvian flag :wall:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk