website statistics

Sports Fails Thread

Imagine going through all the qualifications to become a tennis umpire, only to be shown the bird by a 13 year-old :p

Hopefully this is a learning experience for the kid. I didn’t share the clip to poke fun a him. I vividly remember flipping off parents during high school cross country races, but thankfully those weren’t as public as this. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The problem is the ball was clearly out and not called no matter it was on the far side of the chair. Some of these tennis umpires in junior tournaments make big mistakes also forgetting what the game score is among others. So yeah, even a 13 year old can lose his temper when the umpire makes such an obvious error.

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The problem is the ball was clearly out and not called no matter it was on the far side of the chair. Some of these tennis umpires in junior tournaments make big mistakes also forgetting what the game score is among others. So yeah, even a 13 year old can lose his temper when the umpire makes such an obvious error.

Especially a 13-year old, I'd even say :p

But since I assume he wants to eventually be a pro player, he does need to learn that you can't do this, no matter how clear the umpire mistake was. At least controlling your temper to some basic extent is part of being a professional as well.

And yes, I know Nick Kyrgios will not give this post a 'Like' :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Alexis Jandard with an unfortunate mishap during the opening of the new aquatics center for Paris 2024.

He is reportedly okay and able to continue training.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

The rider got on the wrong motorcycle after the fall :p