website statistics

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2019 version)

vlad

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2019 version)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2019 version)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2020 at 08:59 PM

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well of all the added sports, Sport Climbing seems to have the largest interest and support. It seems like it might actually deserve a place in the Olympics unlike some of the other recently added sports.

I think it's boring. I mean, what's the excitement when some races end in 5 seconds? 

16 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I think it's boring. I mean, what's the excitement when some races end in 5 seconds? 

Yeah Speed Climbing isn’t my favorite, but I love watching bouldering. It’s a sport where athletes need strength, have to be either explosive or methodical or both, and have to use their mind often. Plus, I climb at my local gym, so I fully appreciate what those climbers can do.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah Speed Climbing isn’t my favorite, but I love watching bouldering. It’s a sport where athletes need strength, have to be either explosive or methodical or both, and have to use their mind often. Plus, I climb at my local gym, so I fully appreciate what those climbers can do.

Nice! It's easier to appreciate what athletes do when you're involved with the sport somehow, but as an spectator I'm not committed to invest my time on this sport as of yet. In fact, I disapprove of many of the additions, including karate, skateboarding and the dreadful break dancing. 

21 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Athletics, BMX, road cycling, weightlifting and sports climbing.

A bottom-5 would have equestrian (not the jumping), skateboarding, surfing, modern pentathlon and either football, baseball or shooting (except for the individual shotgun events, especially the double trap with the awesome 'boom...boom' sound). Oh and rhythmic gymnastics and artistic swimming, probably at the bottom :p 

Double trap is no longer part of Olympic program. 

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

Double trap is no longer part of Olympic program. 

Damn it, I forgot they took away the only shooting event I really like.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

my absolutely favourite Summer Olympic Sports right now are Fencing and Judo, then Karate, Wrestling and Field Hockey complete my Top 5...

then...

2nd tier (very close to the top 5, had much trouble separating them): Sport Climbing, Slalom Canoeing, MTB Cross-Country races, Swimming, Athletics and Handball (especially the women's tournament)...

3rd tier: Archery, Beach Volleyball, Rowing, Shooting (especially shotgun shooting and the rapid fire pistol event), Triathlon, Taekwondo, Track Cycling...

4th tier: everything not mentioned elsewhere...

Bottom of the pile: Diving, Gymnastics, Equestrian Sports (even if sometimes I like to watch Jumping and the Cross-Country race of the Eventing discipline), Surf, Skateboarding...

special notes: I like Football (I could put it in the 2nd tier), but not the women's side (in general) nor the men's Olympic tournament, which I consider disrespectful of the Games for not being played by the best players of the sport...:facepalm::wall:

and the same it's for Baseball (this would surely be among the top 5, if only...), actually it's even more so, as I normally like Baseball more than Football (but not this farce that's gonna be the Tokyo tournament)...

moreover, I have the same kind of feeling for Golf (even if in this case the best players in the world could be there, if only they wanted to)...I love it (2nd tier...very close to the top 5), but the Olympic tournament is the least attractive of the entire season to me...

p.s. I don't even bother to consider them sports and therefore they are not even in my ranking Artistic Swimming, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Trampoline, BMX Freestyle (and the same is for 3x3 Basketball, even this is a legitimate "sport" to me...just it's not for me)...

p.p.s. (Ice) Hockey still remains my favourite sport overall...also in Summer! :lol:

On 16/07/2019 at 19:44, thiago_simoes said:

Funnily enough, this is by far the most exciting thing about sport climbing for me personally ;)  The athletes need to have extremely quick reflexes and a strong psyche... One simple mistake at the start, moving a split second too late and there goes their medal chances...

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was hard to choose just 5 but if I have to choose then it would be:

1. Athletics

2. Swimming

3. Rowing

4. Artistic Gymnastics

5. Archery

Archery just makes it in as it has a special place in my heart when it comes to the Olympic Games. But weightlifting is so close too as well as track cycling and men’s cycling road race.

Bottom 5 would be:

1. Softball

2. Baseball

3. Surfing

4. Skateboarding

5. Handball

I don’t really have any interest in those sports but I will try to at least watch something from them anyway. Basketball is also probably close to the bottom 5 too.