website statistics

Ice Hockey 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

phelps

Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2019

Knock-Out Round

Semifinals  

Canada U18 - Sweden U18    3-2  After PSO    in Břeclav (CZE)

Russia U18 - Finland U18   4-1   in Piešťany (SVK)

5th Place Match 

United States U18 - Czech Republic U18    3-4 After OT    in Břeclav (CZE)

7th Place Match

Slovakia U18 - Switzerland U18   7-5    in Piešťany (SVK)

after they totally dominated the group stage, Canada yesterday got quite a scare against Sweden...let's see if the Russians (who are stronger than SWE, on paper) can upset the North Americans...:mumble:

by the way, I'm always impressed by the skill level these yougsters already have at their age...:bowdown:

Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2019

Knock-Out Round

u18-zapas7-rusko-1008.jpg

Gold Medal Match 

in Břeclav (CZE)

Russia - Canada 3:2 (1:0, 1:1, 1:1)

Goals: 4. Pashin (Ponomariov) 1:0, 29. Ponomariov 2:1, 49. Pashin (Tyutnev) 3:1 - 24. Byfield (McClennon, Lapierre) 1:1, 56. Foudy 3:2

Bronze Medal Match

in Piešťany (SVK)

Finland – Sweden 1:5 (1:1, 0:2, 0:2)

Goals: 19. Korkalainen (Puutio, Hirvonen) 1:1 – 9. Ljungman (Eklund) 0:1, 31. Garfve (Andrae, Nybeck) 1:2, 35. Ekmark 1:3, 46. Torgersson 1:4, 56. Torgersson (Nybeck) 1:5

The new Slovak Extraliga season´s format has been announced.

aaand The new season will start in a style ! The opening game will be a match between the two arch-rivals of slovak ice hockey scene, HC Košice vs Slovan Bratislava :woohoo:

Slovan Bratislava decided to end their KHL participation and after loooooong 7 years will finally return and play the national championships in Slovakia. by this the new season will have 13 participating teams. 11 :SVK and 2 :HUN clubs

Every team will play 48 matches (4 against every opponent - 2 at home, 2 away), since the number of teams is odd (13) in every daymatch round one club will have a rest day.

After the first phase completed the teams will be divided into 2 groups. Upper Group of 1st-6th ranked and Lower Group 7th-12th Ranked clubs. For the last ranked 13th team the season will be over.

In their respective groups every team will play 2 more matches against each opponent of it´s group (1 home and 1 away).

And this will close the regular season. The teams of top 6 groups will be all qualified for the Play-Offs, while the remaining 2 spots will be battled in the Lower Group, the 7th and 8th will join them in the Play-Offs.

The good news for the 13th ranked team no one will be relegated, since from the season 2020/21 the league will expand to 14 clubs (This seasons 13 participants + the 2019/2020 2nd division winner)

Also the participation of our U20 National Team in the extraliga has been removed so already from this season the U20 NT will no longer participate in our national championship

here the 1st round schedule

Thursday 12. september:

HC Košice – HC Slovan Bratislava (R)      (RTVS2  Live)

Friday 13. september:

HK Dukla Ingema Michalovce (P) – MHK 32 Liptovský Mikuláš

HK Nitra – MAC Budapest  :HUN

DVTK Jegesmedvék Miskolc :HUN  – HKM Zvolen

HK Poprad – HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica (RC)

HC 07 Detva – HK Dukla Trenčín

Rest Day HC Nové Zámky

R- Returning Club

P- Newly Promoted Team (Last seasons 2nd division winner)

RC - Reigning Champion

Good start of preparation for my HC Košice winning today the first praparation match 5-4 over the Russian KHL participant Admiral Vladivostok with a hattrick from Marcel Haščák (3+1 today) and 2 goals from David Skokan. Way to go boys !

The team is led by new coach, the Czech born german legend Peter Draisaitl (yes, the father of the german super star Leon).

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Good start of preparation for my HC Košice winning today the first praparation match 5-4 over the Russian KHL participant Admiral Vladivostok with a hattrick from Marcel Haščák (3+1 today) and 2 goals from David Skokan. Way to go boys !

The team is led by new coach, the Czech born german legend Peter Draisaitl (yes, the father of the german super star Leon).

I think Admiral Vladivostok is going to be my new favourite ice hockey team, because that name just rules the world. Admiral Vladivostok at your service :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Problems in :SWE Women´s hockey NT

The basically entire women´s Swedish top ice hockey players refused to join the national team's training camp due to lack of care and financial compensation from the national federation, after the team was relegated for the first time in nation´s history from top division last season.

They are also considering the boycott of the upcoming international tournament in Finland. A total of 43 players refused the invitation for the preparation camp before the friendly tournament with Russia, the Czech Republic, Japan and host Finland.

So the team wasn't good enough to stay in the top division, resulting in financial support being cut in some way, and now the team is angry? Isn't that, at the very least, partially their own fault for getting relegated? I mean, it's rough and I might miss something, but it sounds like they were the ones who didn't take their chances..

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 14/08/2019 at 19:12, hckosice said:

and that´s what I call a very successful start of preparations.

HC Košice won the whole tournament in Pardubice (the traditional Zbynek Kusý Memorial) after beating the local Czech team HC Dynamo Pardubice 5-3 in the Final.

37724.jpg

5d573911483cb.jpg

5d5739385c4a1.jpg

Way To Go guys ! This season we must win this freaking title we are missing 4 seasons now !