in Davos :SUI

Monday 30.12.2019 - RESULTS (GMT +1)

Knock-Out Round

Day 2 Results

Semifinals

15:1Team Canada (CAN) - TPS Turku (FIN)    6-0

20:1HC Ambri-Piotta (SUI) - HC Oceláři Třinec (CZE)    2-3 After Overtime

that was painful...:cry:

by the way, this year's Spengler was definitely below par in terms of exciting matches...

last night's semifinal clash between Ambrì and the Czech Champions was by far the best of the tournament so far...

Canada's domination is stronger than ever (this is the 26th final reached by them since they first appeared in Davos 35 years ago :yikes:)...

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

that was painful...:cry:

by the way, this year's Spengler was definitely below par in terms of exciting matches...

last night's semifinal clash between Ambrì and the Czech Champions was by far the best of the tournament so far...

Canada's domination is stronger than ever (this is the 26th final reached by them since they first appeared in Davos 35 years ago :yikes:)...

I can understand your feeling, I know that´s your favorite team. In other side I am happy for my Czech brothers and also for the small Slovak participation in the final, since 3 our guys (Gernát, Dravecký and Marcinko) plays for Třinec + in the Canadian team Kris Versteeg plays in our extraliga for Nitra, so at least some small SVK connections in the final of this prestigious tournament :d

But I agree, this was not one of the best Spengler Cups of history. Ufa sending literally their B team, TPS Turku is in the bottom of the :FIN Liiga this season, kinda disappointing cast this year. And yes the Canadian team is by far the strongest team here.

SPENGLER CUP 2019 

in Davos :SUI

Tuesday 31.12.2019 - RESULTS (GMT +1)

Knock-Out Round

Last Day Result

Final - 12:1

Team Canada (CAN) HC Oceláři Třinec (CZE)   4-0 

(0-0, 3-0, 1-0)

Goals: 30. Jeffrey (Tambellini, K. Versteeg) 1:0, 32. Mitchell (Noreau, Clark) 2:0, 34. K. Versteeg (Noreau, Jeffrey) 3:0, 45. Jeffrey (Noreau) 4:0

ENHvM1pXYAQFLJ3.jpg

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

The Italian Goaltending star will play in our Extraliga. Andreas Bernard just signed for the rest of the season to MAC Budapest :yikes:@phelps

yeah, I just read about this...

it was a desperate but necessary move, as he has only played 3 games with our NT so far this season...

in September he signed a 1-month contract with HIFK Helsinki, but their coach didn't trust him at all and he never played, he didn't get a single minute on the ice...

then he couldn't find another option since the November international break and I guess he was basically forced to accept MAC's offer (I also read that Bozen tried to offer him a job, but there have been a lot troubles with his agent and so a return close to home was never seriously taken into consideration)...

imho, it's quite a waste of talent for him to play in this team (with all respect for MAC and the Slovakian Extraliga), but probably he didn't want to take on underpaid jobs nor be a full time backup in more demanding (prestigious) leagues...

surely, for Italy it's absolutely vital that he can play regularly at a decent level in the next months, if we want at least a minimal chance to save our face at the next worlds (this time I don't think we're going to avoid relegation in any case...we've been lucky enough last year already)...