website statistics

Ice Hockey 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

phelps

Today, an unsual event in Danish sports and ice hockey happened.

Ice hockey player, Kristian Jensen, who plays in the Danish Ice Hockey League for Frederikshavn White Hawks, was found guilty of violence - in having given a player a severe blow to the head during a match in September. He got a suspended sentenced of 20 days in prison for his action. It's very rare a violent action during a sport match in up in court in Denmark and a player/athlete gets a sentence. 

The court was aware that the ice hockey player had already been severely sanctioned by the Danish Ice Hockey Union by giving him a 17-match suspension. However, the general justice system must intervene in such situation, it was stated from the court.

- The legal order must provide protection next to the ice hockey system, said judge, Jeanette Thørholm Andersen, as she presented the grounds for the verdict

You can watch the episode below:

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Boris Sadecký and his bomb against MAC Budapest yesterday during the SVK National championship match Dukla Trenčín - MAC Budapest

Enjoy !

I don't know if it's just me or what...:mumble:

but I can't see any video in your post...only a big white page...:(:facepalm:

p.s. by the way, yesterday I saw Banskà Bystrica vs Zvolen on STV 2...close, interesting match...;)

25 minutes ago, phelps said:

I don't know if it's just me or what...:mumble:

but I can't see any video in your post...only a big white page...:(:facepalm:

p.s. by the way, yesterday I saw Banskà Bystrica vs Zvolen on STV 2...close, interesting match...;)

Can you watch this ?

Just found this ! The confirmed information is now on every our news sites

Kris Versteeg just signed a contract for the rest of this season to HK Nitra !!!  :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

That so huge !  I can not believe that I will be able to watch him playing https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/kris-versteeg-finishing-with-family/

On 20/11/2019 at 13:38, hckosice said:

Just found this ! The confirmed information is now on every our news sites

Kris Versteeg just signed a contract for the rest of this season to HK Nitra !!!  :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

That so huge !  I can not believe that I will be able to watch him playing https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/kris-versteeg-finishing-with-family/

Just been introduced to the public. This is his last careers season. He came here to fulfull his big childhood dream to play once with his younger brother Mitch (who is playing for Nitra in last 4 seasons)

The 2 times Stanley Cup winner (643 NHL matches with record of 358 points for 149 goals and 209 assists and 93 Stanley Cup play-offs matches with a record of 18 goals and 30 assists) will play for Nitra until the end of the season, the deal include also a "special leave" from 15th December to 12th January for family reasons. He will also play for Team Canada at the Spengler Cup.

aZozT2-QTLrgblCu-rynFg~Kris-Versteeg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Slovak Ice Hockey Association (SZĽH) approved at its congress on Thursday the budget for 2020, which is one of the highest in history and is around 28 million euros.  Among the top plans for next year is for example, the plan to build 20 portable ice rinks in the country

IIHF made some changes in World Championships in lower divisions and new competition is Division IV  consist of 4 teams from Asia - Philippines, Malaysia, Kyrgyzstan and Kuwait (host city is Bishkek, Kyrgyz capital. Division III is separated on 2 groups