website statistics

Ice Hockey 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

phelps

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

KHL is so close to start :cheer: I read abouts team and roster, i'm so in hype :p I never follow a full hockey season, so let's see how much I will enjoy it.

Sadly (apparently) no anyone in Italy will show me match on TV or in streaming :cry:

then, just buy a Czech/Slovak TV subscription (like I did :lol:)...you'll be able to watch as much Hockey as you want...

actually, you will have so much of that to make it come out from your ears and eyes and nose and...better stop, now...:rofl::facepalm:

and finally Today the main league outside the NHL, the KHL, started...:cheer:

and it started with a huge surprise...Avangard Omsk took their revenge over last season's champions CSKA Moscow, winning the Season Opener on the Red Army's ice by a score of 3-1...:yikes::hatoff:

it was a quite close game, with CSKA having the edge in the early stages and scoring first, midway through the 1st period...

Avangard's against the flow tying goal came just a few seconds before the end of the same opening stint...

and this proved crucial for the rest of the game, with CSKA unable to regain the control of the operations and being definitively shocked by the amazing goal scored about 5 mins into the middle period by Maxim Chudinov, who shot a true rocket from his own defensive zone and beat an astonished Johansson, clearly not paying enough attention to the play in that precise moment...

CSKA's reaction didn't take them anywhere in the remaining 35 mins, when Avangard's goalie Bobkov earned his salary with a few great saves...

however, it was too little by the reigning champions...and with a minute or so still to be played, Cody Franson sealed the unexpected win for the host with the most classic of the empty net goals...

CSKA Moscow 1, Avangard Omsk 3

Game Summary

https://en.khl.ru/game/851/81788/protocol/

Game Highlights

Edited by phelps

The Canadian Craig Ramsay will continue as the coach of :SVK national team, he signed new 1 year deal. with 2 goals included.

His main goal is brief and clear. Qualifying for the Olympic games, meaning winning all 3 matches at the next August qualification tournament against Belarus, Austria and one qualifier from the previous round. this a must, and written in his contract !

the second goal finally qualifying Slovakia to the World Championships play-Offs next May in Switzerland.

https://sport.sme.sk/c/22204318/craig-ramsay-ostava-trenerom-hokejovej-reprezentacie.html

pffff again no :SVK but this time it looks also no more team :CZE :facepalm:oh c´mon fuck off NHL, fuck off Bettman and fuck off all your money above all else politics...and the most funny thing in this all is they call it World Cup, just embarassing themselves...nah

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/breaking-format-potential-2021-world-cup-hockey/

Sorry boys, but the Czechs’ track record as a competitive nation does not warrant getting their own team, the way Sweden or Finland does. Besides, in the last World the Czech team only scored six goals in three games, going 1-1-1, and had six players who were not on NHL contracts.

Better to have Team Europe include the best seven or eight Czechs, and round out a competitive roster with players from other European countries who would otherwise be excluded.

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

pffff again no :SVK but this time it looks also no more team :CZE :facepalm:oh c´mon fuck off NHL, fuck off Bettman and fuck off all your money above all else politics...and the most funny thing in this all is they call it World Cup, just embarassing themselves...nah

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/breaking-format-potential-2021-world-cup-hockey/

I think this is just an idea from Sportnet, rather than any sort of plans put forth by the NHL. In a perfect world, the NHL goes back to the Olympics and they scrap this World Cup all together. 

Just now, ofan said:

I think this is just an idea from Sportnet, rather than any sort of plans put forth by the NHL. In a perfect world, the NHL goes back to the Olympics and they scrap this World Cup all together. 

Yes, I know, but it´s not the only one, the rumors has been growing so fast lately that it may be true. I even heard a rumor that the first idea was to have a joint "Czech and Slovak" team called team Czecho-Slovakia :lol: but it was rejected because they came to an oppinion that other european stars will lost this way the chance to play in this "business" tournament, especially the likes of Anze Kopitar or Leon Draisaitl

Just now, hckosice said:

Yes, I know, but it´s not the only one, the rumors has been growing so fast lately that it may be true. I even heard a rumor that the first idea was to have a joint "Czech and Slovak" team called team Czecho-Slovakia :lol: but it was rejected because they came to an oppinion that other european stars will lost this way the chance to play in this "business" tournament, especially the likes of Anze Kopitar or Leon Draisaitl

Might as well divide the German team in half as well... :d  

Edited by ofan

@heywoodu  the first ever dutch to sign and play in Slovak league :) 

First dutch hockey player in our league wants to win and make new friends https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/411121/prvy-holandsky-hokejista-v-nasej-lige-vitazit-a-najst-si-novych-priatelov/

13 minutes ago, hckosice said:

@heywoodu  the first ever dutch to sign and play in Slovak league :) 

First dutch hockey player in our league wants to win and make new friends https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/411121/prvy-holandsky-hokejista-v-nasej-lige-vitazit-a-najst-si-novych-priatelov/

I'm sure he'll be good at skating in one direction 

2 minutes ago, ofan said:

I'm sure he'll be good at skating in one direction 

hahaha

well, he grew up and raised his skills in Canada, and played various juniors leagues there. In other hand Michalovce are the newly promoted team (for the first time ever) and huge underdog of the championship, gonna be interesting to follow how the club will do