website statistics

Ice Hockey 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

phelps

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Slovan is Slovakian

They mention the Slovakian league

No Slovakia-Slovenia mix-up.

Now I'm curious :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

?

You post it with an emoji as if something is wrong :p I'm trying to figure out which mistake IIHF made :d 

The most obvious one would be a Slovakia-Slovenia mix-up but I don't see it.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

You post it with an emoji as if something is wrong :p I'm trying to figure out which mistake IIHF made :d 

The most obvious one would be a Slovakia-Slovenia mix-up but I don't see it.

I meant IIHF releasing today a almost entire week old news. I was trying to discuss with myself on this thread already in the previous page. The emoji was pointing the slow update of IIHF :d

Slovan is ofc slovakian, don´t say me you never heard of Slovan at least in football it´s officially the most famous :SVK club,the only club from the region to win the European Cup. and yeah, the bigest rival in field and stands of my Košice obviously :bones:

HC Košice fans singing "ŠK Slovan, skurvena Bratislava"  Sk Slovan, the fucking Bratislava" :p

and Slovan fans singing "Jebať Košice !" Let´s Fuck Košice ! :lol:

at least it´s just a sort of funny and not so dangerous rivalry,notlike the brainwashed moron hooligans from the football stadiums

Spoiler

and btw.. Slovan in SK/CZ language means Slav

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

I meant IIHF releasing today a almost entire week old news. I was trying to discuss with myself on this thread already in the previous page. The emoji was pointing the slow update of IIHF :d

Slovan is ofc slovakian, don´t say me you never heard of Slovan at least in football it´s officially the most famous :SVK club,the only club from the region to win the European Cup. and yeah, the bigest rival in field and stands of my Košice obviously :bones:

I didn't know Slovan ever won a European Cup, but yeah I knew Slovan = Bratislava and I of course know Bratislava = Slovakia :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

I didn't know Slovan ever won a European Cup, but yeah I knew Slovan = Bratislava and I of course know Bratislava = Slovakia :p 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_European_Cup_Winners'_Cup_Final

the french commentators calling Slovan the whole time "Les Tcheques" The Czechs ! lol...but yeah they call Barcelona The Spaniards so yeah,  :lol:

On 16/08/2019 at 17:33, hckosice said:

Problems in :SWE Women´s hockey NT

The basically entire women´s Swedish top ice hockey players refused to join the national team's training camp due to lack of care and financial compensation from the national federation, after the team was relegated for the first time in nation´s history from top division last season.

They are also considering the boycott of the upcoming international tournament in Finland. A total of 43 players refused the invitation for the preparation camp before the friendly tournament with Russia, the Czech Republic, Japan and host Finland.

and :SWE  withdrew from the tournament.