website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Pifta said:

I read all comments before. I said Pakistan as an example, I could have said Uzbegistan. The other half stays true, if there is 1 club, they can form a national team. In football or volleyball, every country in the World has a national team, why isn't it true for all olympics sports? Even if all players are amateurs

I will surprise you - Poland, let's say quite a developed country, doesn't have a female NT, girls that play in Poland in junior/youth categories like U15 play together with boys and either go play abroad (for example in Slovakian club) or finish their career. There is not enough interest so that the national federation would spend money to organize club/league/national team.

On 17/07/2019 at 09:48, Pifta said:

I wonder if South Korea is the best team from Asia, what happens at the Asia Championships? Do Korea defeat Pakistan by 30-40 goals? If it's true, what would happen in a Hungary-Pakistan Match? The same goes to South Africa's situation. They are always at the World Championships, because they are the best African team. But this must mean they are way better than Cameroon or Togo. How low can you get in levels?

I simply don't believe you cannot find 6 players in a whole country who can play a game well. If there is 1 club, then you can field a national team. 

china is the best team from asia

On 17/07/2019 at 10:36, Vojthas said:

I will surprise you - Poland, let's say quite a developed country, doesn't have a female NT, girls that play in Poland in junior/youth categories like U15 play together with boys and either go play abroad (for example in Slovakian club) or finish their career. There is not enough interest so that the national federation would spend money to organize club/league/national team.

But if they played at U15 level, it means they're at the very least capable of actually playing. As in, they know the basics. It looks like South Korea lacked even the very basic things.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 17/07/2019 at 10:36, Vojthas said:

Which is a shame because it seems like it's really an interesting sport... Swimming is really popular in Poland, so maybe if our men's NT qualified to Euro 2016 instead of Malta people would start paying attention to Water Polo, but they lost on goal difference :(.

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

9 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Which is a shame because it seems like it's really an interesting sport... Swimming is really popular in Poland, so maybe if our men's NT qualified to Euro 2016 instead of Malta people would start paying attention to Water Polo, but they lost on goal difference :(.

We're not even entered to next ECH qualifier (very few nation is).

3 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

We're not even entered to next ECH qualifier (very few nation is).

That's just sad :( This is the only olympic sport where we don't have a National Team, isn't it?

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Wow, NED is being destroyed by ESP :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!