website statistics

Open Water Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’m confused about the Olympic qualification talk here. I thought that 25 swimmers made the open water events, but you guys are making it sound like it’s top 10 or bust.

This was the only chance for a country to qualify two swimmers. Only NOCs without swimmers who qualified today (top 10) can get a quota in next events. 

So Muller for example is now out because another French already qualified.

50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So you can only get 1 per unqualified NOC in the world ranking?

it's not through the world ranking, there will be just a single qualification race in Fukuoka (JPN) next year (around the end of may/beginning of june, I think) for the unqualified NOCs...

it's all or nothing...

one of the most unfair (if not the most unfair) qualification system among all the olympic disciplines...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

one of the most unfair (if not the most unfair) qualification system among all the olympic disciplines...

It's definitely not the most unfair. In weightlifting a nation can only enter 4 lifters across 7 events...

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Men's 10km Open Water

:GER Wellbrock

:FRA Olivier

:GER Muffels

Olympic quota: :GER:FRA:GER:HUN:USA:ITA:NED:ESP:ITA:FRA

Any big favorites miss out here?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Meh, not shown on RAI apparently, so not possible to download :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!