website statistics

Open Water Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

7 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I remember some people were really angry because the 4th place finisher was a Brazilian swimmer, and when she got promoted some French supporters on Twitter mentioned the Brazilians "bought" the officials because the Olympics were staged in Rio. Now, you mentioned that she herself blamed Italy. Anyway, I don't really like her and I'm glad she will not be in Tokyo (and that a Brazilian beat her yesterday).

yeah, those were the "social idiots", but she was angry only with Bruni and the Italians (she also released an interview to the French TV, which then she was forced to apologize for by the French federation)...

her rivalry with Bruni dates a long time back...they were both born in 1990 and it's since the youth classes that they're fighting against each other...and in all these years they have developed a harsh mutual contempt...

15 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Amazing silver for Italy :clap:

Why was not Germany disqualified even after so many audible warnings (whistles)? It looked like the final German swimmer hit Paltrinieri multiple times on purpose, but he got away with it and still earned a gold medal. I don't get it.

36 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Why was not Germany disqualified even after so many audible warnings (whistles)? It looked like the final German swimmer hit Paltrinieri multiple times on purpose, but he got away with it and still earned a gold medal. I don't get it.

I have no idea... But the audible warnings are just an advise, you need two official advise (yellow card) for be DQs

33 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I haven't watched it yet but seeing the results the last German was Muffels, who was anything but fair in the last part of the 10km and got away with only a yellow card...apparently he is another one who likes to play dirty.