website statistics

Open Water Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

9 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Well, to be fair, I do think Diving is much more interesting to watch. I like Open Water Swimming, but it's really difficult to recognize the Swimmers.

I'm not much a fan of diving because after every dive I think "that was pretty good" or "meh" and the judges score it the exact opposite :p 

But yeah, following open water swimming sucks. Just watched today's race and when the transponders started to screw up I rewinded again and paused and so on to see if Van Rouwendaal was still there :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, phelps said:

Aurelie Muller should be banned from open water swimming...:redcard::spank:

she perfectly describes the concept of "unsportsmanlike conduct"...:facepalm::wall:

Much as I know she's kinda known for it, what did she do this time? I'm rewatching the final sprint and don't see her do anything wrong, just following Cunha and being in front of the rest :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Much as I know she's kinda known for it, what did she do this time? I'm rewatching the final sprint and don't see her do anything wrong, just following Cunha and being in front of the rest :p 

She probably defeated an Italian, hence unsportsmanlike. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

I seem to remember more cases of her pushing others under and being more of a boxer than a swimmer, but I don't know against who it was :p 

50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

when chaos and the fight for the front row before the final sprint started, she jumped over her arch-rival Bruni and hit her hard once again, almost making her lose her swim glasses and leaving some signs on her face...

and she also used her typical aggressive methods also over other swimmers in the last lap of today's race...

at least we already know that the Olympic race won't be that dirty...:whistle::raspberry:

45 minutes ago, dcro said:

the Italians ended up 5th and 6th...with or without her, it wouldn't change anything for them...

she just loves to play dirty...and when the judges have enough of her and her methods and get her DSQ, she's only capable of shouting at the "Italian mafia" (see Rio 2016...someone must be really brave to call "injustice" her disqualification after what she did that day)...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

at least we already know that the Olympic race won't be that dirty...:whistle::raspberry:

Yes, thanks to who outfinished her by 0,1 second :cheer: 

5 hours ago, phelps said:

she just loves to play dirty...and when the judges have enough of her and her methods and get her DSQ, she's only capable of shouting at the "Italian mafia" (see Rio 2016...someone must be really brave to call "injustice" her disqualification after what she did that day)...

I remember some people were really angry because the 4th place finisher was a Brazilian swimmer, and when she got promoted some French supporters on Twitter mentioned the Brazilians "bought" the officials because the Olympics were staged in Rio. Now, you mentioned that she herself blamed Italy. Anyway, I don't really like her and I'm glad she will not be in Tokyo (and that a Brazilian beat her yesterday).