website statistics

Open Water Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Weird that it's not on the list then, the first Gwangju program I see started at 06.00 according to the list..

unfortunately there are some problems with raiplay website (and I fear it will take quite a long time for them to make up for their mistake)...

if you try to watch "as live" through the smart tv or pc app, all of today's videos (even the supposed women's waterpolo match on raisport+ HD at 2.45 a.m.) don't start and send you back to the list of videos from the previous days...

it's not the 1st time they have such fails...

59 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Amazing result! 4 out of 4 quotas for Germany. Expected gold for Wellbrock, but i am super surprised by Muffels. Very disappointing result for Paltrinieri, although i kind of expected this. He easily has the speed to win gold/silver, but he just hasn't enough experience with open water swimming yet. If he decides to swim this event in 2020, he should do much better there and i think the (very likely) gold in the 1500 free will be a big consolation for him.

well, actually Paltrinieri's result is very good...

in Italy most people thought he could easily miss out on the olympic quota, as he's not in good shape (after the injury he sustained at the US champs -where he dominated the field, but almost broke his elbow while making the final touch- he had to miss quite a few days of training at home and the whole altitude period with the rest of the National team...and just a few weeks ago in Rome at the Settecolli meet swam 15.10 over the 1500, which is his worst time since 2011)...

today after the race he said that he was done and gone with 1 lap of the circuit left and it took of his pride and resilience to keep calm and get at least a top 10 placing at the end of the day...

for sure, next year he will start in all the world series events over the 10km to gain the experience he does not have yet (he also said that after today's race)...

for what concerns the 1500m, I think he will start in any case, but I expect him not even to make the final...for sure this year he can't win (and not even make the podium)...

I'd be really surprised if he can do some magic in the pool...but, as they say, never underestimate the heart of a champion...

we'll see what's gonna happen next week...

p.s. the real upset for our team is Bridi missing the qualification in the women's race...that really hurts...

Edited by phelps

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

unfortunately there are some problems with raiplay website (and I fear it will take quite a long time for them to make up for their mistake)...

if you try to watch "as live" through the smart tv or pc app, all of today's videos (even the supposed women's waterpolo match on raisport+ HD at 2.45 a.m.) don't start and send you back to the list of videos from the previous days...

it's not the 1st time they have such fails...

Too bad, now I'll have to spend time doing things that are actually useful in life :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

It's all included in that one starting at 6:00, it's 6 hours long.

is it working right now? (because this morning it didn't even start -I used my Apple TV app to try and watch the race)...:mumble:

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone have a replay? I would be eternally thankful!

In the ZDF Mediathek, you can see the last 20 minutes:  https://www.zdf.de/sport/zdf-sportextra/freiwasser-10km-schlussphase-schwimm-wm-2019-100.html

20 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

In the ZDF Mediathek, you can see the last 20 minutes:  https://www.zdf.de/sport/zdf-sportextra/freiwasser-10km-schlussphase-schwimm-wm-2019-100.html

Thanks! I wonder why they show every diving competition, but not open water swimming where Germany actually can win medals ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.