website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Poor James Heatly... he almost fell of the springboard and had to restart his dive, meaning a 2.0 deduction from each judge score.

He then failed the dive horribly, and earned marks no higher than 2.5, with his best three adding 0.5 once deductions were applied :cry: 

Sadly he is 95% out of the semis

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

And once again, a competitor has to restart his dive. This time it was Nez Zealand's Anton Down Jenkins. Unlike the Brit, he was able to perform a regular dive and thus his deductions seemed less severe.

Where’s Nez Zealand? Is that where @Wanderer lives?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:EGY Mohab Ishak was really close from qualifying , if only that 3rd attempt which he got 37 :( this guy finished 4th in a WC in USA this season , i guess he has some good future , but he needs support from our federation at least to participate in some WCs 

19 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

:EGY Mohab Ishak was really close from qualifying , if only that 3rd attempt which he got 37 :( this guy finished 4th in a WC in USA this season , i guess he has some good future , but he needs support from our federation at least to participate in some WCs 

Yes he has a good future if he gets support from your federation.

I really wanted him and Poland's Lesiak to go into semis, but qualifying in men's diving is always cutthroat.

After the prelims I think the following divers will get the quotas for Tokyo:

:CHN CAO; :CHN XIE; :GBR LAUGHER; :GER HAUSDING; :IRL DINGLEY; :KOR WOO; :MEX PACHECO; :RUS KUZNETSOV; :RUS SHLEIKHER; :UKR KOLODIY :USA BOUDIA; :USA HIXON;

Dark Horses: :AUS CARTER & :CAN IMBEAU-DULAC

8 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Question, since I can't see the competition.

How it is possible, that Hausding only gets 56 Points in total for a jump in spite of getting 7.0, 7.5 and 7.5 and the jump having a factor of 3.5?

He restarted the jump after losing balance. Received -2 from each judge.

#banbestmen