website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 23 European Championships 2019

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, dareza said:

No it is bronze :D DSQ for Irish girl.

The Irish team are going to appeal against the DQ. I didn’t see anything so can’t comment.

Anyway, wonderful run by Eilish Flanagan for silver in the women’s steeplechase :cheer:

19 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

:SVK Gajanová just missed a medal by 0.10 sec in women's 800m. I really hoped she could win at least a medal after a good season so far...:(

It was very bad from tactical side. I was pretty sure this will happen, atfer seeing the pace in the first lap, with her current form and times she is able to run, this was terrible decision to submit to the pace of her opponents and keep running in the pack, she obviously unnecessarily gave a gift to her opponent. I saw this comming.

At least this sould be a good lesson for her for the future. Nothing disastrous happened, she is still only 19 and learning, next time with more experiences it may turns out differently.

35 minutes ago, Agger said:

Anna Emilie! :bowdown:

Wow looks like she destroyed the competition in the Steeple! With a pretty competitive time too. I'm not too familiar with the discipline, but sub 9:30 is WC/Olympic finals material if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

The Irish team are going to appeal against the DQ. I didn’t see anything so can’t comment.

Anyway, wonderful run by Eilish Flanagan for silver in the women’s steeplechase :cheer:

Appeal successful. Nadia Power keeps her bronze medal :clap:

I am quite shocked that many of the athletes (for example the turkish guy in triple jump or the lithuanian woman in triple jump) look rather in their late 30's than in their early 20's.

Overall i would say that Germany, Poland and Belarus have the most promising talents here. The only track talents that could someday win a medal at the global stage in my opinion are Herman and maybe Reh. In the field events we saw many more talents that could some day win medals at the global stage.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.