website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

That maybe true for the Netherlands, but here, they show the stuff, they pretty much have always shown. :d The swimming will be the first big omission, if they indeed don't broadcast it.

I thought you meant they're not showing the diving there and normally they do :p

Here they'd normally show diving, which they're not doing, and I'm pretty sure the combination of that + no mention whatsoever of Gwangju 2019 anywhere in the program means they won't show the swimming. Which is probably the first time in forever, usually they show every major championships, even the minor ones like short course.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

So, isn't Eurosport going to show this (and diving) like they usually do? Should i be worried? 

Discovery Media simply refused to pay what FINA asked for, claiming their request was completely out of the market...

therefore, no, Eurosport won't broadcast anything from South Korea in the next 15 days...

however, DM is in good company...for the same reason, these World Championships are not broadcasted even in Australia :yikes: (a true swimming powerhouse and a Country where top swimmers are among the most famous people, followed by the media each and every day of the year also outside the competitions), which makes me think that FINA were really asking too much...:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

German broadcasting Station ZDF has a livestream from all finals in Diving, Synchronized Swimming and Swimming (except Open Water) here:   https://www.zdf.de/sport

But I have no idea, if it's geoblocked.

yes, it is...

however, Hola works as a VPN (unfortunately the the mediatek says that the video format is not supported...:mumble:)...

7 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

German broadcasting Station ZDF has a livestream from all finals in Diving, Synchronized Swimming and Swimming (except Open Water) here:   https://www.zdf.de/sport

But I have no idea, if it's geoblocked.

Do you know if ZDF will show it (swimming mostly) on TV as well? Because that'd help greatly :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Do you know if ZDF will show it (swimming mostly) on TV as well? Because that'd help greatly :p 

No, they won't, with just one exception. On Friday the 26th they'll show the Swimming Events live on ZDF info (which is a side channel of the real ZDF). Here's the program in detail: https://www.zdf.de/sport/zdf-sportextra/schwimm-wm-2019-zeitplan-gwangju-100.html

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

their tv schedule (on their website) doesn't show any sign of swimming on tv (nor does ARD), at least until Wednesday, July 24th (then I stopped surfing their site)...:mumble:

Looks like :AFG:CPV:SOL:VAN:SKN:BHU (!!) :TLS are on their way to making an Olympic debut in swimming. Participation at this event is a requirement for getting the universality spots.

Saint Kitts and Nevis are yet to compete in anything outside of athletics.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen