website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

“My victory was because of my hard work. I continued to keep fighting, I didn’t give up when I was in second place,” said Sun.

I mean, those glass vials don't smash themselves.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il y a 4 heures, orangeman a dit :

I have to agree with you that American media is unnecessarily suspicious of non-American swimmers (and athletes in general) doing well.  There's even rumblings on other sites about how suspicious the sudden rise of Canadian women is.  I find this interesting considering the US's history with performance enhancements, both caught and obvious yet allowed.  As a Canadian it was frustrating to watch Ben Johnson embarrass our nation while Carl Lewis had to remove syringes from his neck to get the gold (metaphorically, of course).  

However, Sun is a proven cheat and has a terrible attitude.  I only heard praise of Hosszu in 2016, the Canadian media was fawning over her.  I think Sun is a strange hill to die on to defend non-Western athletes.  Efinova has done much more to recover her image and has earned the, marginal, respect of her competitors again.  

Very well said.

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

“My victory was because of my hard work. I continued to keep fighting, I didn’t give up when I was in second place,” said Sun.

That’s right. He just injected those drugs into his body and yelled at the people behind. I put more honest work into building the Totallympics Media than he has into swimming. He can fight all he wants, but the Sun always sets in the end.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

To be a little fair, and you know, playing the devil's lawyer: even dopers put in amounts of training we as ordinary people can not even begin to imagine :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

I am mostly pissed that he can give such interview after being gifted the victory basically. Doping or no doping, he won on a technicality.

Well :LTU did break the rules. It was it is. I totally agree with that statement though. I can tolerate a doper, I just can’t tolerate arrogant, in your face, still doing drugs, dopers.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

To be a little fair, and you know, playing the devil's lawyer: even dopers put in amounts of training we as ordinary people can not even begin to imagine :p 

I mean think of how many vials he has to inject into his arm everyday. It must be exhausting.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I mean think of how many vials he has to inject into his arm everyday. It must be exhausting.

Sure, but only dumb people would actually think dopers don't have to train extremely hard to get to the top.