website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Not making any accusations, but can't help but think if Regan Smith was from China or Russia people would be asking questions about her performances here.  

We've seen many cases of doping from China and Russia, so they are the ones responsible for tarnishing their own images. 

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Good meet for Canada.  9 medals, most ever.  Three medals for Masse, Pickrem, Ruck and Oleksiak.  Surpirse rise of MacNeil.  Not bad.  

Oleksiak has looked on form as well for the first time since 2016 - I maintain the scratch for her in the 100 free was a mistake. 

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

We've seen many cases of doping from China and Russia, so they are the ones responsible for tarnishing their own images. 

As a Canadian who saw the US shame Ben Johnson in 1988 while giving the gold to Carl Lewis, you'll excuse me if I don't trust the fair application of drug standards across all countries.  

Again, to be clear, I don't think Smith is juicing.  I'm just saying every time someone from certain countries shaves off multiple seconds from their PBs to give out of this world performances suddenly there are accusations and rumors.  

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

She was very impressive already in Budapest as 15 year old.

Ye was impressive too when she won olympic medals at the same age but western media reacted in a very unprofessional and slanderous manner. 

14 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Funny because from records, america has far more cases, i guess they are immune to tarnishing their own images to you.