website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

The most interesting thing about this 200m free so far is the fact that Sjöström was the fastest in the heats with 1:55,14 and Pellegrini was the fastest in the semi's with 1:55,14 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Finally Omegatiming is back up ... Quadaralle had a 8:17 split at 800 m, i think she will go 8:10 - 8:12 in the 800 m and if Ledecky won't compete, then i don't see anyone challenging her. Köhler could also have a small chance for bronze (if Ledecky scratches that race), considering that she had a 8:22.55 split at 800 m when her PB is only 2 seconds faster, i think she can go around 8:17.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, dcro said:

Commentators here keep pronouncing Masse like "Moss". Is that correct?

Here sort of like "Mess" but with a bit drawn out 'e', now I'm curious.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, orangeman said:

Masse is the first Canadian to defend her/his gold medal at the WC.  Second Canadian to get a 2nd gold medal at the WC after the great Victor Davis.  

Also the second ever to defend the 100m backstroke title after some German in the 70's.

Just now, Griff88 said:

Lol the medal presenters keep crashing to the camera

Sun is hitting them.

4 minutes ago, Swewi said:

good that Sarah saved some energy now. 1.55.14 was unnecessary fast in the morning

I hope that this is what happened ... her 100 fly time doesn't suggest that she is in top shape.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.