website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

1 hour ago, phelps said:

the problem to me is that they are just drug addicted...and I hate drug dealers and drug addicted people...to me, they should all be sentenced to death, as they are a disaster for the entire society, even more than themselves and their family...:evil:

As someone who’s advocated and attempted to vote down the death penalty (for all crimes) here in California, I’m going to have to say I disagree with this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, phelps said:

wait...

cannabis (and especially for sprinters, who need a flashy start) to me is not doping...and I wouldn't call "cheaters" those who get caught for that...

actually, taking cannabis befopre a sprint event makes you more damage than benefit...

the problem to me is that they are just drug addicted...and I hate drug dealers and drug addicted people...to me, they should all be sentenced to death, as they are a disaster for the entire society, even more than themselves and their family...:evil:

to me, it's a really different question, that goes well beyond sport and PEDs, it's a real cancer of modern society...:pope:

So everyone who smokes cannabis should be killed? What the hell :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So everyone who smokes cannabis should be killed? What the hell :lol:

I mean seriously. I’m more likely to try that than alcohol (especially since that’s legal in CA)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

hace 2 horas, phelps dijo:

wait...

cannabis (and especially for sprinters, who need a flashy start) to me is not doping...and I wouldn't call "cheaters" those who get caught for that...

actually, taking cannabis befopre a sprint event makes you more damage than benefit...

to me, it's a really different question, that goes well beyond sport and PEDs, it's a real cancer of modern society...:pope:

Chill dude :smoke:

11 hours ago, phelps said:

wait...

He used an illegal substance knowingly, there is no way that this guy should've been allowed to compete during the next 2 years. Also please stop looking for excuses whenever an italian athlete gets caught, i am sure even you don't have the time for that. Clearly people who know more about this than you thought that this can enhance and athletes' performance, so who are you to say otherwise?

I agree about the second part, people who use drugs (alcohol, cannabis, cigarettes and so on), clearly have no self-control and therefore are with no use for society.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I mean seriously. I’m more likely to try that than alcohol (especially since that’s legal in CA)

Which shows how twisted laws can be in different countries. "Hey kid, no beer allowed, even though it's almost like juice at 4%, but you can smoke whatever you want." 

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

He used an illegal substance knowingly, there is no way that this guy should've been allowed to compete during the next 2 years. Also please stop looking for excuses whenever an italian athlete gets caught, i am sure even you don't have the time for that. Clearly people who know more about this than you thought that this can enhance and athletes' performance, so who are you to say otherwise?

I agree about the second part, people who use drugs (alcohol, cannabis, cigarettes and so on), clearly have no self-control and therefore are with no use for society.

no, they don't say that at all...

it's just a banned substance (and as a recreational drug -horrible definition- it's considered a minor infraction, with shorter period of ban -rules say from 3 to 6 months max...he got away with 3, the usual standard for that kind of fault), which doeasn't necessarily mean that it's also a PED (and cannabis abuse's consequences are well known...it makes you way less reactive, so in a sprint race it's not an advantage at all)...

and as I said, I'm against any drug and I clearly wrote that I don't want him to be part of our team, so I'm definitely not looking for excuses for Italian people doing extremely stupid things...:evil:

Edited by phelps

3 hours ago, LowerSaxony said:

No offence, but after reading the last two pages of this thread I come to the conclusion that lots of you guys lost the touch to reality, humanity and whatsoever.

You haven't been reading this forum that much, if you come to this conclusion only now...these pages are a masterpiece of humanity if compared to some of the hundreds/thousands of posts that are often deleted by mods.