website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2019

phelps

medal for Italy!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

and also the home side, despite losing their star so early, found the way to jump on the podium, thanks to a surprising Andras Szatmari, who upset the no.1 seeded Dershwitz...

Edited by phelps

men's Sabre quarterfinals

:HUN Andras Szatmari b. :USA Eli Dershwitz  15-11

:IRI Mojtaba Abedini b. :GER Max Hartung  15-11

:ITA Luca Curatoli b. :CAN Shaul Gordon  15-12

:KOR Oh Sanguk b. :RUS Konstantin Lokhanov  15-9

men's Sabre Semifinals

:HUN Andras Szatmari vs :IRI Mojtaba Abedini

:ITA Luca Curatoli vs :KOR Oh Sanguk

the entire medal session is scheduled to start at 6.40 p.m. CET (women's Epee first to go)...

Disgraceful performance by Hartung, he was in command until 7:5, then he fell asleep until 7:11 and when he woke up again it was too late. Very surprised to see Dershwitz losing, but maybe the home advantage helped the hungarian guy ...

The german athletes today were handed historically weak draws and still weren't able to profit from it, this once again shows in what bad of a state german fencing is in.

I also have to say that i am very surprised to see that you don't have to be remotely in shape to be successful in fencing. The girl from Luxembourg and the guy from Iran both looked clearly overweight and still (almost) won a medal.

For me sabre is by far the least interesting weapon, it is just too fast and for someone who doesn't watch fencing very often, it is most of the time almost impossible to determine who should get a point.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

YES :clap::hyper::bounce: first ever World Championship medal for Iran in fencing. one of the sports I always loved to watch and few years ago it was impossible to think Iran can win a WCH medal someday.

well done Moji :clap:

we are lucky he changed his mind because he retired last year after the Asian Games. only his coach talked him to change his mind.

6 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Interesting results, to put it that way. Wouldn't have thought all three, Russia, USA and France remain without medal today.

My predictions didn’t either...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela