website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2019

phelps

25 minutes ago, phelps said:

Brazil is actually Italy...Moellhausen already won an individual Bronze medal and a few Team medals (including 1 Gold) with the Italian team, before switching to her mom's native Country, Brazil...

meanwhile this girl from Luxembourg is really improving, after a very good career among the juniors (I think she won a few international medals between cadets and juniors classes or in any case she got really close...I have to check it out properly)...

Not really sure if you are right about the girl from Luxembourg, she was never ranked better than 40th at junior level.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

when I wrote that post, Samele was still there (then he lost to Oh)...

and as I wrote before, Moellhausen now represents Brazil, but she's more Italian than Brazilian (she was born and raised here, even if her mom is Brazilian)...

Funny that she reached the quarterfinal while all italian girls are out. I guess she switched nationality when Italy was still stronger in this event ... or did she just become much better after switching nationality? Would also be interesting to know where she trains?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Funny that she reached the quarterfinal while all italian girls are out. I guess she switched nationality when Italy was still stronger in this event ... or did she just become much better after switching nationality? Would also be interesting to know where she trains?

she does train in Paris (where she actually lives right now)...

actually I wrote before that she won an individual world Bronze medal and a few team medal (including 1 Gold) with Italy...

she switched her Nationality because she wanted to be sure to take part in the Rio Games (as she is half Brazilian) and with the Italian team she didn't have any guarantee (with Fiamingo and Navarria in the squad, her only chance was with the team...but we were not going to qualify the full team...so she decided to go elsewhere)...

Edited by phelps

13 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Not really sure if you are right about the girl from Luxembourg, she was never ranked better than 40th at junior level.

yeah, I must have confused her with someone else from some other small Nation...

however, she has a 7th place in a world cup event in 2017 and at the European champs 2017 in Tbilisi as her best results before today...

Edited by phelps

women's Epee quarterfinals

:UKR Olena Kryvytska b. :KOR Kang Young Mi  15-14

:CHN Lin Sheng b. :KOR Lee Hye In  11-10

:HKG Vivian Kong Man Wai b. :FRA Coraline Vitalis  15-9

:BRA Nathalie Moellhausen b. :LUX Lis Rottler-Fautsch  11-10

women's Epee Semifinals

:UKR Olena Kryvytska vs :CHN Lin Sheng

:HKG Vivian Kong Man Wai vs :BRA Nathalie Moellhausen