website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2019

phelps

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Brazil vs Luxembourg :yikes: in quarterfinal. it will be first ever WCh medal for either country

Brazil is actually Italy...Moellhausen already won an individual Bronze medal and a few Team medals (including 1 Gold) with the Italian team, before switching to her mom's native Country, Brazil...

meanwhile this girl from Luxembourg is really improving, after a very good career among the juniors (I think she won a few international medals between cadets and juniors classes or in any case she got really close...I have to check it out properly)...

Another far from convincing performance by Hartung, he has been very lucky with the draw, but now he probably needs a miracle against Abedini. At this point i would be shocked if the final wouldn't be Dershwitz vs. Oh, they seem to be on another level.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Szatmari and Hartung also in the quarterfinals...only the match between Curatoli and Bazadze is still running (with the Georgian not playing fair, even if I have to say that a couple of hits against him have been judged not correctly)...

Edited by phelps

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

and :USA Dershwitz is the 4th fencer to make the top 8 in the men's sabre...

now it's time for the 2 "true" Italians left in the competition today...

What do you mean? I think Curatoli is the only italian left ... ?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

It could be a golden day for Korea. I think after the exit of Ndolo they are the only country with a chance for a medal on both sides.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

What do you mean? I think Curatoli is the only italian left ... ?

when I wrote that post, Samele was still there (then he lost to Oh)...

and as I wrote before, Moellhausen now represents Brazil, but she's more Italian than Brazilian (she was born and raised here, even if her mom is Brazilian)...