website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

En 6/1/2020 a las 2:08, Olympian1010 dijo:

Just finished watching “Two Popes” on Netflix. It’s such a feel good film. It has a great mix of real footage and movie footage. The scholar in me appreciated the attention to detail when describing the events around the pope. The sound mixing and scoring was delightful. The acting was spot on. The dialogue was both serious and fun. There was a good mix of drama and realism. It shows what I want in the church (though it paints the church in too positive a spotlight for my liking). I’m almost inclined to give it a 10/10, which is crazy since I don’t give a lot of films that, especially those made by Netflix, or those about the Catholic Church. The only reason my final score is 9.5/10 is because it fails to address the modern short comings of Pope Francis. Though if it’s any inclination as to how good the film was, it made me think about my faith. Overall, it’s great film that deserves praise, and it’s one that I recommend watching when you have some downtime.

It's pretty obvious that the director has a preference of one character over the other. I thought the Benedict portrayal was pretty poor as a result and the other character is exaggerated. 

7 hours ago, LDOG said:

It's pretty obvious that the director has a preference of one character over the other. I thought the Benedict portrayal was pretty poor as a result and the other character is exaggerated. 

Well as someone who supported the election of Francis, I was okay with that :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1917 Review: Meh

It’s beautifully done, the costuming is great. The one shot take is amazing. The symbolism is good. Everything else is average. 7/10

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela