website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

nah with all the lights we have during this period inside and outside the house it´s a tiny content :lol:

If you're modern, using LED lights, the TV would most likely use as much power as all your lights (if you're not going to the extremes in lighting).

35 minutes ago, Agger said:

If you're modern, using LED lights, the TV would most likely use as much power as all your lights (if you're not going to the extremes in lighting).

Personally I have only 2 LED lights (1 multi-colours) and 1 (white) around my tree and one chain of coloured classical lights in the kitchen around the advent wreath. I live in a classic building appartement.

However the dinner is traditionally held at my grandma´s house, with the family reunited for the dinner, and the house is really hard core decorated with lights and everything :d

• 2 weeks later...

@Maxim Fastovsky I’d love to know what you thought about “Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalkers” (If you’ve seen it)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just saw “Knives Out”. It’s not super original, but it’s a great modern take on the murder mystery genre. I’d be okay with it getting Oscar nominations. Highly enjoyable movie. Somewhat predictable ending. Totally recommend watching it should you get the chance. 8/10 (could be convinced to give it a 9 upon further study and watching). 

Also you can find one of my favorite lines in film ever in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

“Remind me again what the Nazi child masterbating in bathroom heard again?”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Maxim Fastovsky I’d love to know what you thought about “Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker” (If you’ve seen it)

Yea off course i saw it, twice actually, once on opening day, and 2 days ago i took my son. Anyway i enjoyed it, but i enjoyed this new trilogy, Force Awakens is my second favorite star wars movie. The end of the movie is totally reminding me of the end to Avengers Endgame. With the main force first attacking the big bad fleet, then they think all is doomed, only for ton of help to show up behind them (on your right). And Rey with the "I Am all the Jedi" , very close to "I AM IRON MAN".    I Wasn't a fan of those new force powers that were not introduced before (In last jedi, luke's necklace disappeared, here they transfer stuff with the force? little too convenient) I think it would've been better if JJ would've done the whole trilogy, Last Jedi feels out of place, however they retcon'd it nicely with rey's heritage (before the movie i thought that obi-wan will be her grandfather, but after seeing the electricity it was obvious that it will be paltpatine)

Looking at the very end, it's nice that she took the lightsabre's back to tatooine, however the end with her telling that she is Rey Skywalker is just not belivable, she wanted to be her own person, better way for her would've been to say "Just Rey"

After it was announced last year (?) I thought Jojo Rabbit would be at the very least a little bit offensive, turns out there's basically not even one offensive second in the entire movie :p Nice movie though, worth the watch :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, heywoodu said:

After it was announced last year (?) I thought Jojo Rabbit would be at the very least a little bit offensive, turns out there's basically not even one offensive second in the entire movie :p Nice movie though, worth the watch :cheer: 

Yeah that was the main critique (including mine). I wanted it to challenge more, and be more thought provoking. However, having a satire that everyone can understand also has its benefits. The kid that plays Jojo was nominated for best actor at the Golden Globes tonight (he lost to Joaquin Phoenix for his performance in Joker of course).

Just finished watching “Two Popes” on Netflix. It’s such a feel good film. It has a great mix of real footage and movie footage. The scholar in me appreciated the attention to detail when describing the events around the pope. The sound mixing and scoring was delightful. The acting was spot on. The dialogue was both serious and fun. There was a good mix of drama and realism. It shows what I want in the church (though it paints the church in too positive a spotlight for my liking). I’m almost inclined to give it a 10/10, which is crazy since I don’t give a lot of films that, especially those made by Netflix, or those about the Catholic Church. The only reason my final score is 9.5/10 is because it fails to address the modern short comings of Pope Francis. Though if it’s any inclination as to how good the film was, it made me think about my faith. Overall, it’s great film that deserves praise, and it’s one that I recommend watching when you have some downtime.