website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

36 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Not a chance IMO. The next generation will be fed the same trick. The Predator, Alien or Friday 13th sagas keep showing up years after years too just to name the obvious ones from the top of my head :roflmao:

I am in no way saying that it's gonna be the last Star Wars (i'm pretty sure it won't even though some projects have been postponed), but I would guess they'll go with some other story line.

The Star Wars lore is massive. There'll be plenty of other ways to go than following the same saga.

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

The trilogy ended in 1983 IMO. The rest is just milking money from the original success. No wonder all the prequels & sequels usually suck so badly. The special effects are lipstick on a pig. What are the odds in 15-20 years time we'll have a Star Wars reboot again? It's basically unavoidable given how Hollywood has run out of fresh ideas lately.

Speak for yourself but I liked (not loved) the prequels, and this trilogy. Rogue One is probably the greatest Star Wars film of all time, and Clone Wars is one of my favorite television series. Star Wars was always meant to be a cinematic universe. That’s why we started with episode 4 dummy. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Not a chance IMO. The next generation will be fed the same trick. The Predator, Alien or Friday 13th sagas keep showing up years after years too just to name the obvious ones from the top of my head :roflmao:

I will admit that studios inability to come up with new IP right now is incredibly annoying. At least the new trilogy told a new story. It wasn’t Lion King: This Time Prettier or something other shameless remake.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Speak for yourself but I liked (not loved) the prequels, and this trilogy. Rogue One is probably the greatest Star Wars film of all time, and Clone Wars is one of my favorite television series. Star Wars was always meant to be a cinematic universe. That’s why we started with episode 4 dummy. 

Hah! I remember when Phantom Menace entered the theatres in 1999 and it was absoutely panned by the critics and even the fans. Matrix beat the hell out of that joint in like 5 seconds. Funny how action movies that feature a strong presence of children actors usually flop big time. I was always a big Schwarzenegger fan but I hated "Last Action Hero" even when I was a teenager. Ender's Game was another flop lately and you can pretty much bet on the sequel never happenning. The entire concept of battleships and pure action-like script has aged a lot when it comes to sci-fi genre. Not to mention the current special effects technology just doesn't win anyone over.

These days Star Wars is only nostalgia. The current Rogue trilogy is just a shameless money extortion from the fanbase IMO just like those "limited re-editions" of music albums. If you weren't a Star Wars fan before, you ain't gonna become one now.

I fully expect Star Trek to fall in line and get more reboots, their last trilogy wasn't as heralded as some others but hey, you know it's coming :lol:

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Hah! I remember when Phantom Menace entered the theatres in 1999 and it was absoutely panned by the critics and even the fans. Matrix beat the hell out of that joint in like 5 seconds. Funny how action movies that feature a strong presence of children actors usually flop big time. I was always a big Schwarzenegger fan but I hated "Last Action Hero" even when I was a teenager. Ender's Game was another flop lately and you can pretty much bet on the sequel never happenning. The entire concept of battleships and pure action-like script has aged a lot when it comes to sci-fi genre. Not to mention the current special effects technology just doesn't win anyone over.

These days Star Wars is only nostalgia. The current Rogue trilogy is just a shameless money extortion from the fanbase IMO just like those "limited re-editions" of music albums. If you weren't a Star Wars fan before, you ain't gonna become one now.

I fully expect Star Trek to fall in line and get more reboots, their last trilogy wasn't as heralded as some others but hey, you know it's coming :lol:

Everything about this is wrong. That’s all I have to say :p.

Matrix did better because it was one of the best movies and pop culture moments of all-time. Ender’s Games was bad, but it wasn’t bad for the reasons you claim. Asa Butterfield did an amazing did playing Ender (emotions and character were perfect), it was just a classic case of trying to change a good book into a movie. Also if you think Ender’s game is all about battles and action, you clearly don’t understand the original work (though I will agree that the movie focuses too much on the battles and action). 

For starters Rogue One isn’t a part of this current trilogy. This current trilogy is meh in my opinion. I loved Last Jedi because it focused on a part of Star Wars I love. The best Star Wars content comes outside the original trilogy (that being Star Wars: Clone Wars, Rogue One, and Mandolorian). I became a fan of Star Wars from the prequels by the way.

Star Trek is ass. It can happily fuck off.

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Everything about this is wrong. That’s all I have to say :p.

Matrix did better because it was one of the best movies and pop culture moments of all-time. Ender’s Games was bad, but it wasn’t bad for the reasons you claim. Asa Butterfield did an amazing did playing Ender (emotions and character were perfect), it was just a classic case of trying to change a good book into a movie. Also if you think Ender’s game is all about battles and action, you clearly don’t understand the original work (though I will agree that the movie focuses too much on the battles and action). 

For starters Rogue One isn’t a part of this current trilogy. This current trilogy is meh in my opinion. I loved Last Jedi because it focused on a part of Star Wars I love. The best Star Wars content comes outside the original trilogy (that being Star Wars: Clone Wars, Rogue One, and Mandolorian). I became a fan of Star Wars from the prequels by the way.

Star Trek is ass. It can happily fuck off.

You're too young to remember the Matrix craze, it was different filming and a different approach to the sci-fi genre. And of course they went full blown sequels after the original success. The entire genre is guilty of covering the script flaws with special effects & battle scenes. The modern compute graphics is absolute king and it will only make the scripts weaker. The entire Star Wars saga can't finish soon enough and I hope it dies forever after the latest episode.

The Blade Runner 2049 was a better sequel than I expected and that's a small win for the otherwise tainted genre (and I watched it only because of Harrison Ford. He usually does well in the movie selection but if the original Blade Runner came out now I bet the millenials would flat out reject that as too slow-paced and short on special effects :lol: ).

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Trump in home alone:yikes:

Yeah, most people just stick to Home Alone nowadays. No need to watch the sequel. Home Alone 3 isn’t terrible.

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, most people just stick to Home Alone nowadays. No need to watch the sequel. Home Alone 3 isn’t terrible.

Seriously? Haven't watches the movies for some years (not one of the movies that I prioritize during Christmas any longer), but no. 2 is WAY better than 3!