website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

14 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh My God! I cannot put into words how amazing what I just saw was. If you can only see one movie this year, I wholeheartedly recommend “Won’t You Be My Neighbor”. Master fucking class in cinema. I know I’ve been highly critical of the movie industry this year, but that film saved the entire year for me. I rarely, and I mean rarely, give out a perfect score, but today is a historical day. “Won’t You Be My Neighbor” 10/10! The camera angles, shots, pans 10/10. The acting 15/10. Tom Hanks pulls off another amazing piece of art. Every other actor carries their weight too. The story itself 12/10. The writing 15/10. I have never wanted a movie to win best picture more. If this film isn’t nominated and given the honor it will be an outrage. The interesting thing is that it is the exact opposite of Joker. The Oscars could quite literally be a battle between the light-side and the dark-side this year. I seriously hope that all of you get the chance to watch the film. There’s much more I’d love to say, but spoiling it for y’all would be unfair.

But Won't You Be My Neighbour is a 2018 documentary, definitely not with Tom Hanks. It's cool if you recommend movies to people, but it'd be more than helpful if you actually give the name of the movie as well :p 

I'm assuming it's this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Beautiful_Day_in_the_Neighborhood

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

But Won't You Be My Neighbour is a 2018 documentary, definitely not with Tom Hanks. It's cool if you recommend movies to people, but it'd be more than helpful if you actually give the name of the movie as well :p 

Dammit, I never get titles confused. Yes, that is the one and I’m dumb.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

The documentary is also very good and goes well with the movie by the way.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I really like the history videos this guys does. More people would appreciate history if it was taught in this fashion.

I don’t want to start anything, but this definitely a skit about @brunamoura and @heywoodu right?

On 03/12/2019 at 00:37, Olympian1010 said:

Watchmen has to be the greatest show of all-time. Mind = Blown.

I haven't watched it, but this take still seems rather "creative" in my mind ...

It's rating on IMDb isn't great and after all it is a show about superheroes ...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7049682/

Have you watched "The Boys" yet? Based on the reviews many people seem to think that Watchmen isn't even the best TV show about superheroes currently running.

I have to say that for me there currently isn't much going on when it comes to TV shows. Curb, Fargo, Rick & Morty, True Detective, Modern Family and Better Call Saul are all on a break and for me there really isn't a "must-watch" TV show right now (although many seem to consider "Stranger Things" just that). I just finished watching "Fleabag" and it was ok (better than must other current shows), now i am watching "Vikings" and it is quite entertaining, despite being far worse quality-wise than shows like "The Sopranos", "The Wire" or "Breaking Bad" (but i guess that is true for 99 % of all shows).

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 25/11/2019 at 05:23, Olympian1010 said:

I really like the history videos this guys does. More people would appreciate history if it was taught in this fashion.

How is this a TV show? :mumble::p

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.