website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Why? :p

Honestly the only reason my family still watches TV is because of college football, and HBO. 

My main problem with not having TV is that I really miss having Swedish (and sometimes Norwegian) TV channels, especially for sports, but also a few other programs. 

Sure I can fix a lot of that with a VPN, but that's just more money to spend alongside 3 different streaming services just to have acces to the sports I want to watch and whatever other streaming services for other kinds of entertainment than sports.

It's easily more expensive!

And an appartment that really isn't built fof good wi-fi doesn't make it better.

I really consider going back from time to time and might do so for the Olympics.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

My guess (and that of many people probably, because it makes sense) would be four seasons, roughly focussing on specific parts.

1. Aegon's Conquest

2. Dance of Dragons

3. Blackfyre Rebellions

4. Robert's Rebellion

I hope there's a bit of Maegor and Jaehaerys and Alysanne. But of course, the parts where there is an "action" will be primary.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

All about the streaming services. I have an account for most of them. They’re just so much better than cable tv.

yeah...I love them, too...but...between sports and movies/tv series I already have 7/8 of them (paid, not counting those I can cheat and get for free when I'm not supposed to)...

frankly, I'm just on the edge of going too much further...only the idea of having my beloved content even more fractioned between thousand of streaming services is driving me sick...it's not that I can grab money from the trees in the garden in front of my house...:facepalm:

My sister just finished watching Forest Gump for the first time. Man, I forget how good that movie is. Easily in my top 3 all-time. It’s pretty un-American that she hadn’t seen it yet. I should honestly be a requirement in schooling.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My sister just finished watching Forest Gump for the first time. Man, I forget how good that movie is. Easily in my top 3 all-time. It’s pretty un-American that she hadn’t seen it yet. I should honestly be a requirement in schooling.

Nothing to do at all with American or not but that movie is freaking good indeed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, I feel like there's at least 15 movies you mentioned are 'easily in my top-3/5'. How? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, I feel like there's at least 15 movies you mentioned are 'easily in my top-3/5'. How? 

Well, when your a cinephile it’s hard to have a favorite :p. Plus, I forget so many whenever I do rankings :facepalm:. It would be my dream to write screenplays. If journalism or Public speaking doesn’t work out, then I might give Hollyweed a go.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nothing to do at all with American or not but that movie is freaking good indeed.

I also noticed for the first time that Forest Gump Jr. is the kid in Sixth Sense (another on the all-time list)

Another new HBO show dropped today. It’s called “His Dark Materials” and it’s an alternate dimension, mystery, big brother, conspiracy, sci-fi, magic show. It has a lot of potential potential, but the first episode wasn’t as gripping as “Watchmen”. I believe this show is also based off a book(s). I’ll definitely watch the rest of the season, but it’s a unique look and tone for HBO. It’s normal your normal HBO or television show for that matter. I’m genuinely curious to see where they go with it.

HBO still killing the game this year.