website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

All about the streaming services. I have an account for most of them. They’re just so much better than cable tv.

And it's getting more and more divided. Not everyone has the financial options to take 3, 4, 5 and before you know it 10 subscriptions.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

But GOT ends with the Great War. GOT began 20 years or so after Robert's Rebellion, which was the end of the Targaryen dynasty and so the logical end for this prequel.

Okay Robert’s Rebellion is whatI meant.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

And it's getting more and more divided. Not everyone has the financial options to take 3, 4, 5 and before you know it 10 subscriptions.

True, but if you’re not paying for tv...

You could also just choose only a few to pay per month and then cancel your subscription until there’s something you want to watch.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

True, but if you’re not paying for tv...

You could also just choose only a few to pay per month and then cancel your subscription until there’s something you want to watch.

With what we pay for regular TV we could maybe take one more subscription on some streaming service. Which wouldn't be a great idea, because unlike you we do actually watch quite some TV.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

With what we pay for regular TV we could maybe take one more subscription on some streaming service. Which wouldn't be a great idea, because unlike you we do actually watch quite some TV.

Why? :p

Honestly the only reason my family still watches TV is because of college football, and HBO. 

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Why? :p

Because there's programs my parents like and programs (mostly sports) I like. Watching TV because there's things on it we like seems like a pretty obvious reason to watch TV.

"Why do you listen artist X?"

"Well, possibly because I like the music of artist X?"

Seriously, what a question.

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The GoT prequel that was supposed to go thousands of years back has been cancelled suddenly. 'House of Dragons' about the Targaryans has been confirmed though. I wonder how far back it goes, hopefully to before the Doom of Valyria.

I think they'll start with Aegon the Conquerer though. Anyway, we will wait for maybe 10 years until Martin publishes the second part of "Fire and Blood".

I have 30-40 pages more to finish the first part. Fun to read, really. And the Dance of the Dragons is so sad part. What a stupid way to lose dragons. I wanted HBO's Daenerys to burn the citizens of King's Landing -.- 

18 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I think they'll start with Aegon the Conquerer though. Anyway, we will wait for maybe 10 years until Martin publishes the second part of "Fire and Blood".

I have 30-40 pages more to finish the first part. Fun to read, really. And the Dance of the Dragons is so sad part. What a stupid way to lose dragons. I wanted HBO's Daenerys to burn the citizens of King's Landing -.- 

My guess (and that of many people probably, because it makes sense) would be four seasons, roughly focussing on specific parts.

1. Aegon's Conquest

2. Dance of Dragons

3. Blackfyre Rebellions

4. Robert's Rebellion

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

My guess (and that of many people probably, because it makes sense) would be four seasons, roughly focussing on specific parts.

1. Aegon's Conquest

2. Dance of Dragons

3. Blackfyre Rebellions

4. Robert's Rebellion

We very much agree on this. Your sir are a visionary :p