website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

HBO has been killing it lately! The end of GOT (which was a bit of a let down, but enjoyable nonetheless), Chernobyl, Succession, and now Watchmen.

I can’t get enough of Watchmen! Honesty the one of the best shows on TV right now. It’s a Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Historical, Super-Hero, Murder Mystery; and its a masterpiece. There’s some many plot lines and so much social commentary. Brilliant pick up by HBO.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Too bad HBO shows are impossible to watch here unless you're downloading them or waiting forever for them to be on DVD/BluRay. I'm curious about Watchmen though, so who knows..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Too bad HBO shows are impossible to watch here unless you're downloading them or waiting forever for them to be on DVD/BluRay. I'm curious about Watchmen though, so who knows..

Vpn :evil: (I’ve heard that works for foreigners). I obviously don’t use one, and my family actually gets access to the East Coast channel, so I can watch the episodes the minute they come out.

Highly recommend Watchmen, it’s confusing as hell at points though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Vpn :evil: (I’ve heard that works for foreigners). I obviously don’t use one, and my family actually gets access to the East Coast channel, so I can watch the episodes the minute they come out.

Highly recommend Watchmen, it’s confusing as hell at points though.

I don't have a very fancy TV. I mean, it's good, but not in terms of connectivity and so streaming it there isn't an option. Neither is watching good shows on my laptop, because I wanna chill on the couch when watching those with good surround sound and all. So other options it is.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

HBO just announced the programs that will be available on HBO MAX (their no streaming service to challenge Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and Disney+), and let my tell you...I’m in love :wub:. I’m pretty sure the only time I won’t be watching HBO in 2020 will be during the Olympics :p

The GoT prequel that was supposed to go thousands of years back has been cancelled suddenly. 'House of Dragons' about the Targaryans has been confirmed though. I wonder how far back it goes, hopefully to before the Doom of Valyria.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

HBO just announced the programs that will be available on HBO MAX (their no streaming service to challenge Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and Disney+), and let my tell you...I’m in love :wub:. I’m pretty sure the only time I won’t be watching HBO in 2020 will be during the Olympics :p

Yay, another streaming service. How wonderful.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The GoT prequel that was supposed to go thousands of years back has been cancelled suddenly. 'House of Dragons' about the Targaryans has been confirmed though. I wonder how far back it goes, hopefully to before the Doom of Valyria.

I did hear that it ends, right where GOT began (so it will end with the Great War)

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yay, another streaming service. How wonderful.

All about the streaming services. I have an account for most of them. They’re just so much better than cable tv.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I did hear that it ends, right where GOT began (so it will end with the Great War)

But GOT ends with the Great War. GOT began 20 years or so after Robert's Rebellion, which was the end of the Targaryen dynasty and so the logical end for this prequel.